Unreal3!!!

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Exfoliate, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

The screenshots for Unreal 3 are just insane, I don't know how they can make every single detail stand out like that, it's beyond me. Every image just screams "Systme requirments please!" (and for once a when people say "photo realistic" they mean it, sorry, but Doom 3 just isn't). zRock is probably the only one of us who could even both trying to run it when it comes out in 2006 (hopefully). Who cares what the gameplay's like, I just want to look around. Thing will be like 4 dual-layer DVD's probably and require at least a 3.0GHz processor, 512MB's or vram, and a gig or two of memory I'll bet, and that's minimum.
    Check it out Or google it.

2. Fred

Fred Moderator

While it does look good, I wouldn't go so far as to say "photo realism" I think it's a lot better than the previous Unreal, but once again.. not photo realistic.

3. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Okay, well maybe I got a little carried away but you've got to admit it blows anything else away. Looks about as good as that movie "Final Fantasy" form 2001 I think it was (pretty cool movie). It's hard to judge photo realism when you're looking at things that don't actually exist too ya know.

4. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

mighty tasty, mighty tasty

5. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

:swear: me that looks good...........

Up until I got my new AMD Rig, I've been able to play every UT game to date getting "Holy Sh1t" from the announcer, but only on 1024x768.

My AMD, or Insanely MAD rig, didn't even stuggle @ 1600x1200 :D

This is gonna make my rig cry :x:, on max anyway

I'm thinking those SLI graphics configs are gonna pay off. huh?

6. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Looks excellent,, im never going to be able to play it :(

7. Addis

Addis The King

I'm sure my trusty Duron will be able to play it. 800MHz of pure power!
    Yea Unreal 3 blows everything away, with their new physics engine which seemed amazing and better than any game seen graphics some people just might need an upgrade.

8. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

u kno its 64 bit color?

the reason its so awesome too is because it ben done on the latest version of maya which i want sooooo much but it costs 3.5 grand.

9. Addis

Addis The King

64bit colour? Why would it need the extra burden of rendering 64bit colour since the human eye can't distinguish between the millions of colours 32bit allows.

10. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

Pretty nifty looking game there, but I care about the gameplay really (as some of you may know) and plotline, Unreal 1 had a semi-ok-ish one, Unreal 2 did to an extent, though the fact that levels were covered up by missions. Let's just hope we can get some good storyline and possibly some alternate endings into this one? *Extremely hopeful look*

[WWR loves multiple endings]

11. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

can't wait to kick ass online

12. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Yeah I was wondering about the 64-bit color thing too, also wont all the LCD monitors explode when the game opens as they only support like 16.7 million? That's one reason to get a CRT if I'm correct (probably not).
    Yeah Maya is a hugely expensive program, which definaltly explains the awesome visuals, pixar uses Maya right?

13. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I hope they have better titles off this engine than UE2.0...Unreal 2 and Deus Ex: Invisible War were so disappointing, and show that a pretty interface doesn't make up for a good gaming experience. UT2004 was about the only good thing I've played off that engine. Pariah could be a winner, but that's not in stores (yet, will be soon).

14. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

yea pixar uses maya

does anyone know if crts support a broader range of color than 16.7 mil?

15. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

can't wait to bog down my system with it ^_^

16. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Pretty sure CRT's are only limeted to the video adapter in place, in other words a billion colors or whatever should work just fine, not that you'd notice as Addis said but there must be something to it as they wouldn't advertise it otherwise.

17. Addis

Addis The King

I think CRT's do 32bit colour or 2^32 which roughly equates to 4 billion. Not much use if your colour blind heh?

18. JAY

JAY sCoRpiOn

its quite impressive id say but lets c if it still has a deeep storyline....

19. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

unreal isn't reli awesome in storylines, but if you put together such a popular online game with graphics like THAT its gonna be phenomenal

20. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I sort of found unreal 2 to be a bit of a cliche really, evil alien races can only be so origional.