UPS randomly switching off ??

Discussion in 'Power Supplies and UPS's' started by Euro98ITR, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Euro98ITR

Euro98ITR Big Geek

It seems that my UPS is almost dead! Every now and then it switches off leaving me in the middle of something without giving me the chance to save!

Its about 2 years old now and my PC is on 24/7. Any opinions?

2. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

buy a new one? :p

3. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

What brand of UPS is it?

4. Euro98ITR

Euro98ITR Big Geek

Goldenshield .....

5. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Hmmm, as far as I can tell, Goldenshield is not even available in North America, and so I have never come across them. But APC is the most reliable and reputable UPS manufacturer I've encountered, with TrippLite in close second. I'd highly recommend either of those as a replacement.

6. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Totally agree with Anti-Trend, when it comes to UPS your buying it for a reason.. and one that is most likely to halt the risk of damaging your hardware.

I run 4 x 1000 APC UPS and 3 x 750 APC UPS at work and i've had one of them for over 3 years now, being used constantly 24/7 .. never been turned off and i have never once had a problem with it.

I have never heard of Goldenshield, but then i'm not into keeping up with the latest UPS advances.. :cool:

As Anti-Trend suggested, it sounds like you will need a new one, i highly recommend APC.

:good:

7. Euro98ITR

Euro98ITR Big Geek

So I guess thats the reason that it's switching off ! The UPS is fu**ed up !

8. Addis

Addis The King

Yep. I know it sucks but if its anything to do with power then your better off buying quality.