User Introduction Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sniper, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

please post and introduce yourself in this thread :cool:

2. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

Hi, my name is not Jon Benge, although he does exist! Jon Benge works as a recruitment consultant in London. He's a bit of an arse really... I like to use his name whenever I get into trouble.... :D

3. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Hey all, I'm Exfoliate, but most people just call me Ex. I've been a regular for a about 9 months or so and I've loved every bit of it. I've made some major advances in my knowledge thanks to all the helpful and informative members here (keep up the good work:good:). I'm not posting as much because of school but I do my best to respond when I get a chance. Let's here from some more members:)

4. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

I'm Matt555, or Matt.
    Been a member for about 7 months, loved every bit, learned so much on here!
    Anymore just ask really.
    :good:

5. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Hello :)
    My name is pelvis_3, but you can call me pelvis if you like.
    Been a regular here for a few months, originally for help but got sucked in
    to the forum world and now i can't get out :cool:
    I consider my self quite knowledgeable in most areas including Hardware troubleshooting and Video Cards, but not so much for hardware advice (as most probably know already).
    I'm available through PM if you have any questions or just want to say Hi :good:

6. megamaced

It happens doesn't it!

7. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I'm Big B. I've been with HWF for 4 years now. The only people that still hang around that have been here longer are Sniper and Syngod. Basically, Sniper contacted me over my Geocities website (no longer there, btw) about coming on. At the time I was starting to work with another website (which eventually went kaput I found out later), but after evaluating the situation, I went with Sniper. I've done a good 90% (or better) of the reviews and articles combined so far...and that's a lot of stuff. I haven't really written anything for awhile, as I'm working 2 jobs and have a woman that I've been spending time (geek scores). I'm not the geekiest person out there, because I have a woman, as already stated, and my car is worth more than my computer...actually it's worth more than my entire computer collection.
    Currently, I'm living with my parents (geekish trait), but that will change.

I live in Fort Wayne, Indiana, the dumbest and one of the most flaccid cities (according to Men's Health magazine) in America. :rolleyes:

8. megamaced

[ot]
    That's very geeky Big B :D

What was this forum like 4 years ago? And where did all the regulars go, over the years? Did they just disappear? :eek: [/ot]

9. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Hi Im Nic. Ive been around for about 2 years now I think. I used to be known as 01bolandn. I have sufficient amount of knowledge about computers but like to read other peoples idea rather than express my own and I liked spamming.

10. Angela

Angela Geek Trainee

Hi Im Angela and this is my first post on any forum ever.Im also a total newbie.I am hoping to learn a thing or two about computers.[

11. megamaced

Hi Angela, welcome to HWF...:good:

We're all pretty friendly here, in some shape or form. Let me introduce you to a few people:

Anti-Trend - He will bombard you with Linux propaganda; and before you know it, you'll be using Mandriva (or SuSE) ;) .

Big B - You need to be careful of this one - he'll come and haunt you in his halloween outfit.... :p

Matt555 - This guy is charged with hormones (see testing arena) :cool:

Exfoliate - Has a fascination with mullets; can't blame him really :)

12. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Haha:D, well that was quite the overview right there. Very nice megamaced, you nailed me on that one:)
    Good to see more females join the forum, Nic was feeling a little lonely I imagine. Anyway:hi:

13. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Hey that's enough of that, :confused:

Welcome to the forums and enjoy!

We're all here to help.

14. UnSeEn

UnSeEn Mayor McCheese

Hiya people!

I'm UnSeEn, and I've been on here about, hmm...2 weeks or so? Really enjoying it so far. Exfoliate is a good friend of mine, and I've known him since I was a freakish little boy with a rat's tail and a little wooden penguin (don't ask..). Glad to be on board!

15. Addis

Addis The King

Hi Unseen, I referred Nic here, after I came here looking to learn something. I had dial up back then so wasnt really active but after i got full time net became staff.

16. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Wooden penquin, hehe, that cracks me up just thinking about it.
    Great having you here though man, it makes it just that much cooler.

17. donkey42

donkey42 plank

hi yall, names donkey42 but call me what you like, i promise i will have been called worse, bet you can't guess why i chose donkey42, keep that in your imagination pwease pwease pwease

BTW i have a sense of humour, so please dont be offended, if you can't have a laugh, you may as well be dead, life's too short to be serious

whats this about wooden penguin, Ex & UnSeEn

18. beretta9m2f

beretta9m2f Karate-Chop Action Gabe

Hey whats up all, i'm Beretta9m2f, you can call me Gabe. Been here for a while. Since Feb '04. First post was about graphics cards and overclocking. Though i don't have very many posts to reflect the time i've been here, i often come to read what everyone else has said. I just finished my 4th year of college at Rutgers University and have one semester left till i'm a teacher.....then America's youth are in big trouble.

Aim screenname: Yoitsmegabe

19. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Gidday Folks! I am Karan. I know I know, I am late for the intro now.:confused:

20. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

A big (late) welcome dudes! And just for the record I have infinate respect for you beretta9m2f, with my name being Gabe aswell.