VIA KT400A chipset review

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Big B, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

AMDMB put's Via's latest (and almost certainly last) Socket A chipset through inspection.

Will this give the mighty nForce 2 the boot? I dunno; I didn't read the whole thing yet, but here ya go.

2. xen_chris

xen_chris Guest

since via announced that they will release kt600, what chances do you think this chipset will ever have ?? the big motherboards manufacturers announced already that they are to wait for via's latest chipset. so, it's just a paper release and nothing else.

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Actually, you're wrong. While it may not be used very long or by many companies, Gigabyte does have a fully working motherboard based on that chipset. If they end up being the lone wolf on this one I wouldn't be surprised.

4. Skaeleen

Skaeleen Geek Trainee

Go Gigabytes, I've always been a fan of Via chipsets, AND i love thos rock solid board. Gigabyte may be the only sole person with this via chipset, maybe Soyo as well, but, Nvidia is pushing, but its like buying a new car over an old car, like Say, Volkswagen Vs Hynudai, Volks has been around a very logn time, and Hyundia hasnt, both have great preformance cars, the high end ones (even though volks beats hyundai) Say the Hyundai has better preformance over the volks, but most people want the name and durability, and are scared of changes, so they stick with the volks, even though the other car has better prefromace, thats like me :)