Video Cable, anyone??

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by dannnyjos, Jun 28, 2005.

1. dannnyjos

dannnyjos Big Geek

HI:

I need to coneect a PC to a projector thats's approx. 20 ft away. I managed to find a monitor cable 25 ft long (regular PC video connection), but the problem is that the "PC-in" port in the projector is DVI. So, I 've been looking for a cable that is 15 to 20 feet long, that has DVI (male) on one side and regular PC video (male) on the other side.

Anyone has any idea where I can find that cable? :rolleyes:

2. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

im not very good with words [or spelling] is this waht your talking about?

#PC#<--------------------------->#Projector#

and the problem is: the PC has a VGA and the projector is a DVI?

If so, why not use a 'VGA to DVI' plug with your 25 ft cable? they often come with new grap cards! (this one is the first google result http://www.svideo.com/dvi.html)

Hpe this helps, if not feel free to flame me!!!

dannnyjos likes this.
  3. dannnyjos

dannnyjos Big Geek

True public enemy, I could have used a VGA to DVI plug. And yes, that's how it is; the PC has a VGA and the projector has a DVI. I just didn't want to plug an adapter. I guess I''ll have to follow your suggestion eventually.

Thanks man.

4. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

Just a note, you might want to get another short cable (DVI or VGA) to reduce the stress on the connections @ the pc and projector

IDEAR:

[PC]<------>[CONVERTER]<-------->[PROJECTOR]

this way you dont have a long 'lever' stuck on the back of your pc just asking to be shoved (which will damage ether the cable or you VGA port, or both :( )