video editing program for linux?

Discussion in 'Linux, BSD and Other OS's' started by booyaa, Aug 25, 2004.

1. booyaa

booyaa Geek Trainee

I was wondering if there is a good video editing program for linux...or maybe i can run adobe premier with wine? anyone know?

2. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

It'd be tough to run software as I/O complicated as Premier in WINE, but you would be able to run it in Win4Lin I do believe. If you're just doing DVD mastering and the like, there's always Kdenlive. It's free & open-source, and it's Pinnacle-style software. I don't know how good it is, but it is freely available. Then there's the famous NanDub, which is awsome for encoding. You might want to check out sourceforge.net, they may have what you're looking for. But, since I'm not really sure what that is myself, I don't know where to point you. Can you be more specific with what you will be doing?

3. booyaa

booyaa Geek Trainee

I just got done filming a movie that me and my friends put together..im looking for a program that can edit and add some cool cineamatic features. maybe a program simmilar to adobe premiere.... :swt:

4. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Hmm, you might be able to do what you want with kdenlive, but I'm not sure as I've never had occasion to use it... :eek: Really the best platform for video editing and mastering is Mac hands down, not Linux or Windows.