ViewSonic Unveils LCD Monitors With 4ms Response Time

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by syngod, Mar 22, 2005.

1. syngod

syngod Moderator

Richmond Hill, ON, March 21, 2005: ViewSonic Corp. has announced the 19’’ VX924 and 17’’ VX724 LCD monitors, featuring 4 millisecond (ms) average video response time across the entire colour scale. According to ViewSonic, the fast response time, which the Company claims is the “world’s fastest”, makes them ideal for exteme gaming, viewing DVDs, and watching TV, as well as for traditional computer usage, such as rapidly scrolling content within a Website or document.

“Achieving the best results with gaming, streaming video and motion application usage has long been the domain of CRT technology,” commented Jennifer Gallo, Research Analyst, IDC. “With manufacturers incorporating better technology, such as faster response times, we should see more of a shift toward LCD displays for these demanding applications.”

The VX924 and VX724 are the first desktop displays to combine ViewSonic’s proprietary Dynamic Structure and Amplified Impulse video response acceleration technologies to support rates of up to 250 frames per second across the entire colour scale. This advancement, ViewSonic contends, produces “superior front-of-screen performance for motion video”, since the majority of video transitions on games and digital entertainment occur within these intermediate ranges.

“Breaking down barriers and setting new benchmarks for display technology demonstrates ViewSonic’s unwavering commitment to delivering the highest-quality visual experience,” noted Jeff Volpe, Vice President, Marketing, ViewSonic Americas. “Our Xtreme LCD offerings open up new opportunities for our customers and partners by providing exceptional performance for a variety of applications and markets.”

“These Xtreme displays mark a major milestone in LCD technology,” added Colleen Browne, General Manager, ViewSonic Canada. “The 4ms response time across all colour scales has allowed us to create the ultimate gaming monitors with motion video performance rivaling the best CRTs.”

The displays will be available in the second quarter of 2005.

For more information, visit www.viewsonic.com/xtreme.

Source: MarketNews

2. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

$505 for a 19incher of that quality really isn't bad at all. The 17'' model will be even more affordable obviously. I doubt you'd notice any difference between these and an 8ms or even 16ms model as the human eye can't desern any visual improvment beyond about 60fps.

3. Fred

Fred Moderator

I dont think that is a very good price at all. I paid $200 for my 19" CRT and I dont think a 19" of that kind is worth and extra $300 [especially since i dont have that kind of money]. Well, I guess if people have that kind of money to spend then it wouldn't matter.

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I definately don't have that kind of money, I was just compairing it to 8ms monitors out now. With compairable specs the price is usually around that, but you're right, it's still a hefty sum for a monitor. $200 bucks though, do you have a link? Appreciate it.

5. Addis

Addis The King

I sometimes use an LCD monitor and the ghhsting when scrolling is horrible. Then again I'm not sure what its rated response time was. If it has a comparable improvement to 8ms monitors, the i think some people would buy, albeit the price.

6. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

gateway's monitors have horrible response times. You can see a mouse pointer ghost while moving across screen

7. Fred

Fred Moderator

8. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

LAUGHS @ Americans

OH MY GOD GUYS, $505 in GBP (£) is like £316 !!!

In the UK, you can expect to buy a High quality/Low MS 19" LCD for £300-£400!!!

£320 for a 19" LCD @ 4MS is LUSH!

9. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Thanks Fred, that is a very, very nice monitor. A little while back if you recall I actually had a thread with that same monitor in it, I was wondering if it was a good as it looked. I should have remembered that you had this one. I still can't shake the idea of haveing a super slick LCD beside my computer though...