Virus Removal

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Sn1P3R, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Sn1P3R

Sn1P3R Geek Trainee

Hi i have just scanned my Pc with avast antivirus, it found these results:

spsexec.exe C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\cache05 Win32:Trojan-Gen{vc}

spsexec.exe C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\cache17 Win32:Trojan-Gen{vc}

tftp8675 C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\cache05 VBS:Malware-gen

tftp8675 C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\cache17 VBS:Malware-gen

WinOS.hlp C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\cache05 Win95:LXD-mIRC[trj]

WinOS.hlp C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\cache17 Win95:LXD-mIRC[trj]

I have moved these files to the Virus chest. How do i remove them from my system completely without messing it up?

2. Jameslarry

Jameslarry Geek Trainee

May be this will help u....

Having a virus on your computer can cause your computer to slow down, install spy ware and ad ware, or let hackers into your computer to steal your information. So if you want to Protect Your Computer form Virus then here are some tips to show you how.

1. As soon as you think your computer might be infected you should disconnect your computer from the Internet and any networks you computer might be on. This is to ensure that the virus does not spread to other computers.

2. If you have an anti-virus program installed make sure it is updated first then run a full system scan. The anti-virus might not detect the virus if the program is not updated.

Some anti-virus programs will detect the virus, but will not be able to remove it. If that is the case, you can get a different program by downloading it from a computer that is not infected or you can go to your local computer store and get a different one there.

3. Most anti-virus programs will ask you to restart you computer after it is finished scanning. Once you restart you computer run another scan to make sure that the virus is gone. When you restart your computer make sure that it is still disconnected from the Internet and other networks. Once you are sure that the virus is gone, reconnect the computer.

4. The best way to combat against viruses is to be cautious of programs and files you and other people that use your computer download. Do not open any e-mail messages or attachments you do not recognize. Get a good anti-virus program that is updated frequently and run system scans regularly

3. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

You should be able to go into the chest and delete them. If not, you could try going to C: program files/avast/virus chest and delete them there. If not then install another AV thats lets you delete them...

4. donkey42

donkey42 plank

why do you want to remove them ?

they can do no harm to anything when they are in the virus vault

5. Jameslarry

Jameslarry Geek Trainee

Thanks alot for the information given by you......

You should be able to go into the chest and delete them. If not, you could try going to C: program files/avast/virus chest and delete them there. If not then install another AV thats lets you delete them...