Viruses and Spyware

Discussion in 'General Software' started by dorai007, Oct 25, 2004.

1. dorai007

dorai007 Geek Trainee

Hello guys i need serious help for my pc. Currently ive got norton anti-virus installed in my com and when i do virus scans on most occasions i do detect lots of spyware/adwares and ive got no idea how to remove them..can any1 give me tips of removing them?. It would be very much appreciated.

2. Addis

Addis The King

Download spybot search and destroy which is quite good.
    Spybot here
    But i have had some stability issues with it so if that doesn't work then Ad-aware Personal should do the trick. Ad-aware
    Hope that helps. Also make sure you keep it up to date like AV.

3. dorai007

dorai007 Geek Trainee

hey thanx pal...id try the spybot..i used the AVG but it sucked...cos it cant detect most spywares..and always detects the .exe files and its darn irritating..

4. Addis

Addis The King

Well most anti-virus software aren't designed to detect spyware, they're meant to detect viruses and trojans.

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Exactly. Spyware/adware are annoying, but they're not the same type of internet garbage as viruses and trojans.

Spybot is not only the best spyware remover, but it's also free. AVG, as an anti-virus has done wonders for me and stopped the two infected attachments I've gotten. It's also much less of a resource hog than Norton.

6. Addis

Addis The King

I know i tried Norton and although it was ok on an Athlon PC a slower Duron was affected by the relatively big program compared the AVG.

7. iKwak

iKwak Geek Trainee

I also use Spybot, Adaware, and Spysweeper (not freeware). :D