Vista Booting trouble

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by hillier291, Mar 13, 2008.

1. hillier291

hillier291 Geek Trainee

Hey

I recenlty formated my hard disks and reinstalled windows vista on my home pc and every time the computer boots up in displays this message:
    "DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER"
    After inserting the disk and pressing enter the message is repeated and the computer needs to be rebooted. However if the system disk is in the CD-Drive then the computer will ask if i want to boot from the disk then if not resume booting vista as normal.
    I have tried setting the computer to boot directly from the hard drive and it comes up with the same message even if the disk is in. I have also tried repairing my pc and reinstallling the OS a few times to ensure that the system installed correctly
    I am currently running my system on the following specs:
    Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit
    AMD 6000+ 3.0Ghz dual-core
    2Gb DDR2 RAM
    Nvidia 8600GT 1Gb GPU
    Asus M2N4-SLI Motherboard
    250Gb SATA HDD x 2
    450Watt PSU

I anybody has any ideas about how to fix this then i would be really grateful
    Thanks Jamie

2. Onur

Onur Geek Trainee

This problem is caused by your HDD's Sata Cable. I had got the same problem before. I just changed my Sata Connector Cable and Sata Power Cable and it works fine to me!

3. phanisyseng

phanisyseng Geek Trainee

Hai This is phani,first you check your CMOS Battery is it working or not.After you check the first boot is as hard disk or not after if youy have two HDD'S check which one you selected,you set the 1st boot as in which HDD you installed vista that one you set as 1st boot HDD.