Whant to over clock 3200+ amd 64 939 soc vinchie core

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by lowIQ, May 19, 2006.

1. lowIQ

lowIQ Geek Trainee

hiya guys i bought it in feb just whanted to over clock it a bit i heard it was a realy easy and safe card to clock becase the 3200 is exatly the same as the 3700 just restricted maybe i was missinformed :D

so im asking 4 a little help cuse i know most of you are much brighter than me lol

btw the mobo is a asus a8n-sli premium

2. Addis

Addis The King

You'll get varyin degrees of success with overclocking, so you may be able to get a good overclock out of it, or not. To overclock you'll need to go into the BIOS, and in increments increase the FSB (Hypertransport with AMD64s) in abo5 5MHz increments. There should be a few good overclocking guides available for the Athlon 64s.

3. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Is it Socket 939? If so they're not the same, the 3200+ is a Venice core (512KB Cache) and the 3700+ is San Diego (1MB Cache).

But like Addis said, there's good guides on here for overclocking, if done properly it's not dangerous and when reading a good guide on it it's not hard.

4. lowIQ

lowIQ Geek Trainee

thx guys any chance u could link me to a guide plz :D

5. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

6. Callan

Callan Geek Trainee

What about a 3500+ on a Blue Orb 2 how do you think that'll go?

7. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Yeah that should be fine :good:

Just keep an eye on your temps that's all. If it's idling at around 40~50*C then invest in a new cooler, anything below that should be fine. Make sure load temps don't really exceed 50*C.