What are you looking forward in Windows Vista?

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by talker1106, Aug 24, 2006.

1. talker1106

talker1106 Geek Trainee

What are you looking forward in Windows Vista, if anything? Personally I like the gadget feature and I just love a clean interface.

2. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

I like its graphics and dislike its requirements.

3. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

I am looking forward to the graphics thats all, i rekon once it's installed it will be as slower than windows XP.

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

It's what you need for DX 10 support and that's something I'll just have to swallow.

5. Willz

Hmmm, i wont be buying it for sure, microsoft have there pockets full enough all ready to be putting high price tags on operating systems.

6. UnSeEn

UnSeEn Mayor McCheese

Yeah...the only thing I'm looking forward to is DX10 (obviously) and Vista-only games. I hate the idea, but if they're big enough bastards to pull it off, the games must be worth playing, right? RIGHT?! Crytek....

And yeah, I'll probably buy Vista off of Ebay for $15 in a few years like I did with XP. ;)

7. Willz

lol, i aint looking forward to DX10, having to pay out loads of comp upgrade for DX10, as i want to actually experience what DX10 has to offer, so i need a DX10 card for that, i can just keep on using my DX9 card in DX10 games, but the effects will only be DX9 :(

8. Addis

Addis The King

I play games with OpenGL on Linux, and when I do use Windows for those special needs, it won't be Vista.

I'm not buying it.

9. Jackal

Jackal Geek Trainee

The performance boast it supposidly gives, DirectX 10, the nice interface.

That's pretty much it.

10. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

The "Aero" interface is bolted right onto what is basically XP, which was already bloatware to begin with IMHO. Whee. I imagine I'll buy Vista right after I win my 3rd or fourth Pulitzer. :smileup:

11. Willz

Man i never seen so much bloatware in my life, Windows Vista needs to get to fat club i am afraid :\, look at the 3d games its got, i really hope Nlite will be released for vista, i never seen programs respont so slow, i try to launch an installation, i am sitting and waiting, damnd this things slow, makes my computer feel like my 1.2ghz celery running xp with 128mb ram, i mean on first boot, i am using nearly 500mb of ram wtf!??!?!?!?!, BETA 2 was better, RC1 is a step backwards.

12. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

I'll stick with my cross of Linux and Windows until *if* I see need to upgrade....I might

13. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

Dude, did that actually work?? As in, did u get a totally legit version which to this day lets u update?

14. UnSeEn

UnSeEn Mayor McCheese

Erm...depends on your point of view, really. My copy of XP WAS fine and dandy for the last 3-4 years or so, but just recently, I received an update that tells me that my copy of XP isn't genuine. It's not like I pirated the software; I just saved mucho dineros. But yeah, it works totally fine, and I can recieve all the updates I need.

15. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

But when u got it, it was in the original box and on the original CD and everything, right?

Hmm ... I wanna buy a WinXP pro, but I'm afraid that if I get it off ebay, the owner might have made like 100 burned copies of it b4 selling it, which means sooner or later Microsoft will tag that CD key as a pirated one which can't receive updates, like they already do with all the CD keys known to be burned and redistributed a lot.

16. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Well I got mine off ebay too but I made sure it was a new, packaged copy with a ms genuine sticker and all. Not some burned stuff. Then again I paid like $85 for it so it wasn't really a steal.

17. Willz

Ok, Windows Vista is now good, its preety fast concidering its got loads of bloatware, and if i can get AOL 9 to work on it with Radio!, then anythings going to work lol.

18. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

DX10.

I'm not too eager to upgrade my system just so it can run the OS. I might get it , but it won't be right at launch. Remember how XP was like at launch ?

19. Willz

i have tottally moved to Windows Vista now, dumped XP, deleted the installation, Vista is allready good enoough, not freezing aswell, its hard to get some programs installed, everything is installed now, just tearing my hair out trying to get Unreal Tournament 2004 installed now AHHGHH$%^%£

20. Jackal

Jackal Geek Trainee

After coming back to read what came after my last post, I saw that, and said to myself, "I doubt he's even tried RC1". Beta 2 was quite horrible compared to RC1. I have it as my permanent OS for now, and I haven't had problems. Games run nice and smoothly for me.

Then I read on, and it seems that in your later posts, you've come to start liking it. I'm glad you changed your mind a bit.

I hope my comment doesn't come off as asshole-ish. >_>