What do you think about this spec?

Discussion in 'New Build / Upgrade Advice' started by Dan90, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Dan90

Dan90 Geek Trainee

Hello,
    I am a website and graphic designer and also doing Computer Science in university. I want to buy a new computer but this time a desktop because I want to upgrade it in the future.
    So here is the spec:

INT0379 - Intel i7 2600 Quad Core Desktop PC with 16GB RAM, 2000gb HDD and DVDRW

Also I would add some more features to this PC,
    SSD ( To make it faster)
    a Blu-ray drive
    a 22" monitor
    2GB graphic card
    And maybe a cooler if required.

First of all, what do you think about this system? Will it be a powerful system?
    Are additional features good and suitable for this computer?
    For example as the system got on-board graphic card, I though maybe it is not enough so I added 2GB, but I dont know if 2GB is good enough. I might use it for gaming too, but the main usage if for web and graphic work. Anyway, is 2GB graphic card good enough for gaming?

My another question is about the price. The original system is £488.95, how is it? I estimated that with the additional features the overall price for this computer will be around £800.

Although I am doing computer Science in uni, but it is my first time that buy a desktop and want to make sure it is powerful enough and also affordable. That's why I decided to post it here.

Thanks in advance.

2. ryannP

ryannP Geek

I think you oversell it. I work as a web designer, and that stats are nothing to wory about. And most stuff you do at computer science, could be done on a pentium 2, so really, don't worry.