What Program do you use for Music/Media?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Waffle, Aug 5, 2004.

?

What do you use for listening?

1. Windows Media Player

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. Real Player

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. iTunes

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. WinAMP

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  5. Programs with built in theatres cough*kazaa* cough

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other, please state in reply

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

I use mainly iTunes, and occasionally Creative Media Source, which came with my MP3 Player to organise and play music. What programs do you use?

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

WinAmp, but I'll also use Windows Media player. I can't stand RealPlayer, tho.

3. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

yeah, hate the way it takes over the media files on the system. plus the latest real is really glitchy.

4. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I love Winamp :) the latest version! The media library is great feature to have! I use Media Player Classic to play movies etc etc

Big B: nice sig!

5. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

i only started using winamp two days ago, but its so much better, i couldn't believe it.

even the music quality sounds better.

yeah, b, where do you get all the anime(?) chicks from, or are they your own creations?

6. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

I was using Windows Media Player before but now I use Winamp. the quality seems a bit higher but what I like is the media library.

You can organize your mp3s by Bands, albums, genre, etc. The media library is really THE feature that makes me use winamp.

Also, there are cool plugins like an alarm clock. For instance, go in your bios and set a time at which your computer turns on, then make windows start winamp. Now with the plugin, you tell winamp to start plying an mp3 or even a playlist. So you wake up with your mp3s instead of the lovely sound of the BUZZER.

Waffle likes this.
  7. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

is that auto turn on trick when the pc is in stand by, hibernation or shutdown? if so, how? very handy for me, as i can never ever get up in the mornings.

8. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

For my sigs, I'm just using screen caps I take when doing DVD reviews and use them. My current one is Melissa Mao from Full Metal Panic! during one of the eps in Vol 6. I have about a GB in screen caps.

WinAmp is nice, but I do most of my listening in my car. The stock system is pretty nice, but the bass starts to distort at higher volumes, so I'd like to replace them eventually.

9. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

OTHER Player...

I am a Linux user, so I use XMMS. It's basically a clone of WinAmp, complete with neat-o plugins and WinAmp skin compatibility. [Screentshot below]

Attached Files:

• xmms.png
      xmms.png
      File size:
      16.1 KB
      Views:
  10. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

i use xmms with mandrake 10.0 that i have partitioned and im running i think its audio entral or something that comes with roxio easy cd creator 6 platinum.
    i dont really care what it is that i use only if it supports 4.1

11. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

To get your pc to turn on when it's off, you have to go through the bios (this has nothing to do with the plugin)

then, when it boots into Windows, Winamp has to be started. You just have to put a shortcut in the startup folder of the start menu.

The plugin only works when Winamp is opened, that's why you have to do all of this, unless you can sleep with your computer turned on, but that's not my case.

HINT: To give time to your computer to boot, make it turn on a couple minutes before the plugin is supposed to kick in, otherwise you might sleep longer than you had wished :eek:

12. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

thanks for the guide. now my whole house gets woken up to the positive screaming of Corey Taylor from Slipknot. Bliss...

cheers

13. Addis

Addis The King

i use WMP 9 and i hate Real Player. I installed it years ago and the player itself was crap. tried the new verson but it doesn't feel as comfortable as WMP or Winamp.

14. Tim Wiseman

Tim Wiseman Geek Trainee

Zoom Player - Its the daddy. Quick, simple to use and you can assign any function to the mouse scroll wheel, so you can fast forward with the scroll wheel - nice :)

Oh, and it doesnt spy on you *cough* realplayer *cough*