What series are you watching now?

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Anime and Manga' started by Big B, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

As the title says...
    Currently, I'm watching Martian Successor Nadesico again...funny as hell and so tongue-in-cheek by making fun of it's own genre. If I feel brave, I may watch Eva again too...I'm starting to be sane again, can't have that.

Whatever I review, I watch, but I think that's pretty much a given.

2. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Watching Nabuto... great series, 100 episodes fansubbed. Not licensed yet, so it's still legal to download it in the US.

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

You mean Naruto right? Whoever liscenses that is going to have their work cut out for them...

4. littlesaj

littlesaj Geek Trainee

i have just started watching Neon Genesis Evangelion and it is great, i have only seen 7 episodes so far,it is a shame i have got the subbed version but as long as i understand it then there is no problem for me, i am going to watch the movie tokyo godfathers next as i have heard a lot of rave reviews, then maybe excel saga or escaflowne as im not sure which one i will like better, i am slowly getting my collection up and running

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

You'll probably have to watch NGE more than once to get it. If you end up liking Excel Saga, you might check out Puni Puni Poemy. It like a more insane version of Excel Saga, and really pushes the limits (of any decency ES didn't trample)...so be warned.

6. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Yeah, Naruto. Sorry, FAT FINGERS... :p

7. littlesaj

littlesaj Geek Trainee

how many eps is puni puni poemy?

8. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

It's one DVD.

9. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Picked up Najica: Blitz Tactics. It's almost making fun of fanservice by how much it has. It would be appropriate to have a pnty shot counter...yeah, it's that bad. Secret agents, humanoids, fast cars, action, and, uh, very healthy ladies. Pretty much the same elements James Bond films are made of.

10. Tigger

Tigger Geek Trainee

"Fist of the north star" makes me feel funny in my special places.

u can get series 1-12, 6 dvds, from alot of stores for like $30. its on the Sci-Fi channel on sky in the UK at 5 in the morning every morning. i set my sky+ to record em and i just watch them when i get back from work.

theres also a fist of the north star arcade machine where u wear these gloves and u gotta hit these punching pads that pop up .. it really hurts ur arms after it asks u to do a special move where u gotta hit the pads as many times as possible in 30 seconds.. sooo much fun.

11. littlesaj

littlesaj Geek Trainee

how amnys eps is naruto? i have found out so far that there are 104 but is there more,has anyone heard of berserk, blue gender, escaflowne, girl nest door and bastard? these are some i have seen in my local HMV, some are only 2 or 3 epse but i like the longer ones like blue gender so i might go for tha one, anyone got any idea of what any of them are like?..

12. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Naruto is still ongoing. As for the rest, I've heard of them all, but only seen Escaflowne. If you've got mixed gender groups, that'd be a good title. I thought it was okay, but it never really was engaging to me. It's a mecha series, but more from a schoolgrl's perspective, meaning more lovey-dovey stuff. It's not bad, but it just doesn't appeal to me. Watch it for yourself and decide tho.

Blue Gender looks pretty good, but I just haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

13. littlesaj

littlesaj Geek Trainee

i have finsihed watching evangelion and it was good until about 17 eps then it started getting weird and it felt like i had missed something, i am going to have to watch it again but i am going to watch a few movies instead of a series as a series requires a lot of concentration which is something i have a hard time at doing with some series. i have noticed that all the women wear short skirts or short shorts all teh tiem, just a shame they arent real....

14. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Most people don't get Evangelion the first time through. As for the short skirts...I believe that's what we like to call "fanservice". :D

15. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Watching Gundam Wing...or "You're watching a mechaanime?" Woah, dude! ;)

I'll probably watch Please Teacher here shortly too...now that I've got the whole series.

16. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

Gundam WING is my fav. of the Gundam chronicles. Right now I'm wathin Naruto, On episode 26, It's really good

17. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Repeats of Pokemon movies.

18. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I never could bring myself to watch that series...but I'm pretty sure I'd be all over it if I were in early elementary school. Somebody has to like it, or it wouldn't be this popular. I'm sure that my kids will watch it, assuming I have any in the next 10 years or so.

I should have a review up of the Please Teacher collection pretty soon (hopefully before Christmas).

19. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Last post was a joke..

20. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Uh, does the Simpsons volume three count as a series?