What the hell happened!? Help for novice required

Discussion in 'Mobile Technology' started by medhed84, Sep 17, 2006.

1. medhed84

medhed84 Geek Trainee

Hi

Have an ACER 1360 notebook. Needed to restore to original state as Ive sold it. Went into setup, set to boot from cd rom. System disk booted up fine asked for recovery disk, put it in, started to work fine, erasing the drive and restoring partition. Took my eyes off the computer turned back and it had cut out or something. Restarted but wouldnt boot from system disk or recovery, when I enter setup it freezes, the setup screen freezes! what do I do. I'm a relative novice with computers. Its already started to wipe the drive so cannot go any further than a blank screen with the flashing dash in the top left hand corner. Any experienced guys know whats going on and how to get it back on track.

Cheers guys

2. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

Try and go into your BIOS and see if there is an option to restore defaults.
    If not, and you know how to do so, remove the laptop battery and the CMOS battery and wait for a while. Put both batteries back in and start again.
    Go into BIOS and chose to boot from CD-ROM.
    Try to boot again into the recovery disk.

3. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

It seems more like a memory problem to me. To check your memory status, run [link=http://www.memtest.org]Memory Test 86+[/link] and see if you come across any error.