whats good when it come to LCD monitors?

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by Matt, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Matt

Matt Oblivion Junky

hey all

i have been asked to find an lcd display for an elderly woman. she has not set down a budget but i would like to keep things reasonable.

the question is: what is the optimum display out there for word processing, browsing and just general computing use. in your suggestions please try to include things like native resolutions, size, widescreen or not, and good looking brands out there.

this is really a stab in the dark and any suggestions would be very welcome. i am very happy with my 17" normal lcd monitor but i really dont know what bigger and hopefully better screens out there are good options to consider.

thanks, Matt :)

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

I am using a 17' BenQ myself, and it works great. I would stick with 17" or 19"
    inch. Acer makes some good one's, there are allot of them out there, it just
    comes down to how much you want to spend..

3. TMM M45T3R

TMM M45T3R Geek Trainee

Have a look on Play.com they have got some of the cheapest monitors I have seen, they have an Acer 19" for £120 that looks like a good quality one for an ok price