Whats The Best Anti-Virus Software?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by X slash X, Nov 11, 2007.

1. X slash X

X slash X Geek Trainee

I Would Like To Know What The Best Anti-Virus At The Moment Is And Is It Safe To Run More Then One Anti-Virus?

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

It is not a good Idea to run two anti virus's, They will clash. As for the Best
    AV, You will get allot of different answers on that subject.. In My Opinion
    It is Kaspersky then Nod32... There are allot of real good AV's,It is just a matter of choice..

3. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

AVG free - cause it's free!!

4. Ferg

Ferg Manbearpig

NOD 32 for me - backed up with comodo free firewall (used to be a fan of kerio)

AVG is good for what it is - free, but if you were ever going to pay for the full version i'd point ya elsewhere.

5. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

You did not specify whether you were looking for a free or paid for solution. That being said, I would go for Avast! Antivirus anyday.

6. X slash X

X slash X Geek Trainee

I Wouldn't Have Said It Better Myself:)

7. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Avast!, followed by AVG are my preferences. Avast! is a little more resource intensive than AVG, so if the machine has 256MB or less, I'd opt for AVG over Avast!

As anti-virus programs do require some resources (*cough* Norton *cough*), it's not a good idea to run more than one.

8. eranga262154

eranga262154 Geek Trainee

My opinion is use Kaspersky. Lots of reason to use it to me, but the different people have different comments on this topic, as Ghostman 1 says.

See those links,

Kaspersky is the best

Norton is the best

9. zxivate

zxivate Geek Trainee

Go Avast, it's free and works like a charm

10. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

I don't want to start a flame war but I can't resist saying this: AVG SUCKS! :p . It's terrible! It barely detects any viruses and won't even update it's virus definitions database if you are logged in as a limited user! The interface is appauling too!

11. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

Having had Mcaffe AV before AVG i can well and truly say id rather have AVG.
    For a start i don't get all that spam saying i need to upgrade for another £40 quid cause a new worm/trojan (made by the people who make the AV software) renders the earlier model useless. Nor do i get spammed with other useless tat.

It will do for what i need. Iv'e found the best solution to get round virus's is to not go to illicit sites.

And BTW you have started a flame war.