Which Case?

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by Matt555, May 26, 2005.

1. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Well, i am thinking of getting a new case, i have seen a really unusual one which caught my eye as it looks awesome! Here is the link to a picture of it... http://www.xoxide.com/aerocool-aeroengine-jr-silver.html they do a black version as well with a silver turbine fan at the front, yes thats right, a fan styled on a jet turbine!! lol, its either that or a more sedate case a more normal silver case with clear side window and then i would buy some interior lights etc... http://www.rlsupplies.co.uk/products/product.asp?id=937 or http://www.rlsupplies.co.uk/products/product.asp?id=933 either one is good, i was just goin to take my computer out of its case and put it in the new one, all should go well, i hope, i have checked that my computer would fit in and it should. What do ya'll think bowt the cases then? Me, i would really like to get the first one (aeroengine jr case) lemme know!

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Well, in terms of airflow the turbine one would be the best. The other two don't eve have a grill in the front...something you might want to take into serious consideration. As far as pre-mod cases go, they're not over the top like some...but that's just my opinion.

The Aerocool also has drive rails, which are really nice to work with---if done right. I know that some companies haven't gotten this down from the reviews I've read, but I don't know if it applies to the Aerocool unit you're looking at. I'm just speaking from experience with the case I have (it's what Antec was rebadging as their SX1040B), so it's not something that's true across the board.

3. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Drive rails? what are they, are they the brackets that screw to the cd/dvd drive then slide into the case? if so then i think i may have them on my current case....its a Compucase 6A19.

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Yeah, drive rails do make it easier to slide you're hard drives/optical drives into place, you just insert the rails into your case and slap on the corresponding rails to your hard drive, you don't even need to do this with the optical drives (in my experience anyway). I'd definately go with the aerocool myself, it offers better build quality, great airflow as B said and the price is still nice. The other two seem a little lower quality and if you go with them you'll want to swap in a better power supply, a 350wt generic psu won't cut it for long, or might die on you all of a sudden.

5. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Yer i do like the aerocool a lot more, the psuy doesnt bother me, i am just going to take my pc and put it in the new case, maybe upgrade my RAM but nothing else, so i dont need a psu.

I've always wanted a new case for a clear side panel, to show off my computer,even though it isnt exactly amazing. I just thought having a bright blue LED fan and maybe some neons in it would make a more interesting piece out of what is otherwise a boring black box.

So if i decide to get a new case its gonna be the aerocool, i think it just looks so different and the turbine styled fan jus looks awesome!

6. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Yeah, it's pretty cool stuff, it is cool having an acrilic side window with LED lights in the fans, my case has two 120mm lighted fans, a blue LED in the cpu cooler, a red liquid glow tube on the bottom of the case (all of which I had to buy and install myself though) and a blue v-shaped light in the front panel of the case. Believe me it looks really sweet at night.

7. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Yer, i now thinking of getting a different case, its a EZ COOL ALPINE SILVER case, looks pretty sweet, is slightly more money but i love it, its got grills at the front so should be good for ventilaton, i just love the look of it and the handles make it look very big, i like this about it though.

8. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

:D GOT NEW CASE! well i got the EZ COOL 7104H case sweet it is, the psu you get with it blew though, as soon as i put the cable in, no swithces pressed or n e fin, damn thing dont know what could have happened, oh well aint too bothered as it didnt affect anything else i dont think, gona get another one...for now i got my old one, the case has a gr8 feature for CPU cooling, the air that is blown from the fan/heatsink exits through a wide plastic tube leading out the side of the case rather than circulating back round again, my CPU has dropped by a total of 5 degrees (not an awful lot but every little helps) this is also due to the fatc that the side and top panels are mesh and i have a 120mm fan on the back.

9. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Thats a nice case (EZ COOL 7104H). Whats that standy bit on the bottom for though?? Unlucky about ur PSU aswell :(

10. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

The stand is for no particular reason, show really, doesnt do much, if there was a fan and grills underneath i would understand but there isnt, you dont have to have the stand and handles on, the are screwed on yourself...yer the PSU sucks...damn thing just my luck...I will post pictures of the case with the lights etc soon...

11. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

got another case...took the one i got back and got it replaced because of the PSU...damn thing oh well jus put my computer back in it and all is working well... :D

12. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Great! Show us the pics if you like, just make a gallery out of it.