wiki fixed & gfx prob

Discussion in 'Linux, BSD and Other OS's' started by donkey42, May 28, 2009.

1. donkey42

donkey42 plank

here was a typo on Video Drivers Howto [HWF Custom Kernel Wiki] = dir of sgfxi was /usr/local/sbin & bin, changed to sbin

anyway prob anyway[/code]/usr/local/sbin/sfgxi : line 1: !DOCTYPE: No such file or direstory
    <above dir>: line 2: syntax error near unexpected token 'newline'
    <above dir>: line 2: ' "http://www.w3.org/TR/html14/strict.dtd">'[/code]

BTW: previous thread is here

BTW: cig time

2. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Thanks, nice catch. Let me point out though that once something is in your path, e.g. /usr/local/bin, you don't have to give the whole path to the program. For instance, /usr/local/bin/someapp can be typed as simply someapp for the same result.

3. donkey42

donkey42 plank

:beer: as my scripting is improving, my eye for detail is also improving (with scripting) thank you AT

BTW: i hold you personally responsible for all the crap i know
    gotcha, the previous command added /usr/local/sbin to the $path

4. Anti-Trend

Not exactly... /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/sbin are both already in your path by default. Putting the script in either directory therefore puts it in your path too, meaning its accessible from the command line without needing to type an absolute path. Granted, the script/binary needs to be executable before you can run it that way, but I hope you get what I'm saying.

5. donkey42

donkey42 plank

yeah i understand completely[ot]there's a loada crap to remember, how the :swear: do you remember it all ?[/ot]

6. Anti-Trend

I don't really memorize things very often, I just try to understand the principles instead. :) Once one understands the function, the form becomes evident.