Windows 7 Virus/Spyware/malware protection

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by wompshmack, Mar 12, 2010.

1. wompshmack

wompshmack Geek

Hey guys, been a while since I've been on this forum. I've been running windows 7 for a while now, completely unprotected, and finally got my first malware. Nothing major, and Malwarebytes cleared it right up. I was just looking for suggestions on what is currently good protection for 7. Back in XP I was running, usually, Malwarebytes, AVG and Superantispyware. Mostly just AVG but the other 2 if I had a problem. Are these good choices for 7? Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks!

2. edijs

edijs Programmer

I've never used dedicated spyware/malware protection. I usually just choose the home versions of AVG and/or avast! and some anti-malware/spyware software that I run once in a while.

I think that both of them [AVG/avast!] are quite good for Windows 7 - at least they haven't given me any problems at all (except for some lag from the side of AVG, but nothing major). All software developers are racing for better compliance with windows 7 as Vista is getting scrapped, so full compliance to all windows 7 needs is already there and if not, will be quite soon.