'Windows could not load the installer for Printer - Epson Stylus CX4200 Printer

Discussion in 'Drivers and Firmware' started by Demile, Jan 12, 2006.

1. Demile

Demile Geek Trainee

I just recently purchased an Epson Stylus CX4200 All-In-One... I went to install it on my laptop (HP Pavillion zv5000, AMD Athlon 64 3400+, 512mb ram, 100GB HD, Windows XP Pro, SP2) and while the scanner drivers installed correctly the printer drivers would not. First I got the error message 'required section could not be found in the INF' so I went in to the registry to find that the required printer class keys were not there so I created them. Which I have done before when I have encountered this problem with other printers and it has worked fine.

Now when I attempt to install the printer drivers I get the error 'Windows could not load the installer for Printer. Please contact your hardware vendor.'

I have encountered this before as well when installing a printer (on a different system) and have gotten past it... but I can't remember for the life of me what I did to fix the problem...

I have tried every method of installing and each way has failed.

If there is a way to fix this without reinstalling windows then please assist. (Though it's probably time for me to reinstall anyway...)

Please reply. Thank you.

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

Are you certain those are the correct drivers? Did you got a driver CD with the printer if so try the drivers on there.

Edit: have you tried the search for drivers option, when installing the printer?

3. Demile

Demile Geek Trainee

I just went ahead and formatted. It was time for a clean install anyway. As for the correct drivers, yes I am sure I was using the correct ones... I tried the CD which didn't work then I went and downloaded the drivers from the website and it still didn't work.

I was having some other issues at the time so I just went ahead with the reinstall, so everything is great now :)

4. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

thanks for the update Demile, its likely the drivers might have been corrupt.

5. Ray O

Ray O Geek Trainee

Demile,
    How did you fix the registry. I'm seeing the same error "required section could not be found in INF." Epson couldn't help me and I've been struggling with this for weeks. Epson said it was a registry problem and it looks like you know what it is and how to fix it. I'm hoping you can save the day!