windows vista sleep problem

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by Runner7775, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Runner7775

Runner7775 Geek

I recently built a new computer using these parts:
    core 2 duo e6850
    xfx geforce 8600 gt
    evga nvidia 680i motherboard (the part number ie 122-ck-nf68)
    200 gb harddrive
    cd-dvd burner
    Vista on my computer will enter sleep mode just fine and will come out of it fine most of the time unless I leave the computer in sleep mode overnight. If I do that the computer will turn on in the morning and will just sit there with all the fans spun up and do nothing. Even worse if I turn it off and immediately turn it back on(after a few seconds) it sometimes emitts a long beep, pause, long beep etc. other times it will come up and windows will sometimes say that the memory configuration has changed and i must return the computer to its original configuration to resume. I usually just press continue anyway and it will boot normally. I will be testing the ram after i post this and i will see if that could be a problem. Anyway the only drivers ive installed are the drivers for the 8600(force ware 169.25 i think)and the ones for the chipset. I might flash the bios to a newer version but i kinda doubt thats the problem. what i really can tell is if it is a comuter harware problem, a driver problem, or a vista problem. I have not updated vista at all so it may be a vista sleep problem but i just dont know. if anyone has any insight into this i would be pleased to hear about it, thanks

2. Runner7775

Runner7775 Geek

ok while i was writing this post i put the computer into sleep mode and when i came back in about 20 minutes it beeped and beeped at me like it occasionaly does. still going to go check the ram though...