windows wont start

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by lowIQ, Feb 13, 2006.

1. lowIQ

lowIQ Geek Trainee

windows xp wudent start after reseting from instaling amd cool and quit driver how do i clean instal using just the xp os cd thx

2. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

Your being a bit defeatist aren't you? You want to completely reinstall your Operating System just because Windows won't load properly? :rolleyes: Your never going to learn how to fix things with that attitude!

Reboot your computer, and before Windows starts to load press F8. Then select safe mode from the menu. Now you should be able to get into Windows. Uninstall the program/drivers that are causing your problems, then restart your computer

3. lowIQ

lowIQ Geek Trainee

i havent said the full story i had just used system restor after having big problems after attempting to overclock my g card i wasnt shure if i tried to flash the bios on my g card or not and even tho i got it to 55xx points in 3dmark 2005 from its stock 44xx it was getting seriously low fps on games. after that i started to reinslall all the drivers since the pc is under a week old and thats when it happend now i just whnna clean install xp and start over i dont whnna over clock anything 2 much hastle :D can u tell me how to clean install xp just from the os cd please

4. megamaced

I assume your Windows XP CD is bootable.

Just insert the CD and reboot your computer. The computer will then boot from the CD, instead of the hard drive.

Then you can select a 'new installation'.

5. lowIQ

lowIQ Geek Trainee

i put the os disk cd in but no options to reinstall came up when i turned it on

6. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Make sure you have your BIOS set to boot from CD.
    Then when you restart the computer it should say "press any key to boot from cd"

7. lowIQ

lowIQ Geek Trainee

how do i do that pelvis and after i set that up if i say left a game cd in the drive after and started it up wud it try to boot that :D

8. megamaced

-Boot your computer and keep tapping delete (also try F2, F8 or F10).
    -Navagate to boot options
    -Make sure your CD-ROM is the first device in the list
    -Exit saving changes.

Only bootable CDs such as Windows XP will boot upon system restart. If your CD-ROM drive has a PC game inserted, your computer will ignore it and boot into the OS

9. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Start or restart your computer~!

Press Del Button as soon as you see text on the screen
    A DOS type menu should now appear

Look at the BIOS menu and you should see an option marked 'Advanced BIOS Features.' Use the up and down arrow keys and highlight this option then press Enter.

When the Advanced BIOS Features window opens look down the list until you come across an entry marked 'First Boot Device.'

If your CD is the first boot device then this should read CD-ROM.

By using the PAGEUP and PAGEDOWN keys you should be able to toggle through the First Boot Device Options and change it accordingly.

For convenience i always use the following options:

First Boot Device CD-ROM

Second Boot Device Floppy

Third Boot Device Hard Drive (0)

By using these options you will not need to alter the boot up sequence after you have finished installing your operating system.

Once you have made the necessary changes to the boot sequence press ESC to return back to the main menu.

Finally, using the up and down arrow keys select the option Save and Exit CMOS

You need to confirm that you want this option to execute, so press Y followed by Enter.

Your changes will now be saved

Your PC will now reboot, so quickly insert your Windows XP or ME CD into your CD-ROM so that setup can begin installing your operating system