Wine-doors

Discussion in 'Linux, BSD and Other OS's' started by donkey42, May 14, 2009.

1. donkey42

donkey42 plank

Wine-doors effectively (in conjunction with Wine and such) allows the download & installation of many items of software available exclusively for Win

installation is easy
    Code:
    apt-get install wine && orange && wine-doors && wine-utils && wine-bin
    and you can add mscorefonts to the end or allow Wine-doors download them on first start

BTW: before you run wine-doors run
    Code:
    winecfg
    now wine-doors is running it appears to look much like the old Automatix (now Technology Alignment Inc. the owners of Pioneer)

although i haven't used it i recommend a decent AV if you do use wine (like Avast) as wine stands for Wine Is Not an Emulator, this is true however if your new to Linux (noob) it's probably best if you think of Wine as an emulator

Edit: you only need to set AV to scan the .wine directory in your home directory (~/.wine/ or /home/<user>/.wine/

Edit: obviously this will only work on any Debian based distro like *buntu, Sidux, Mint etc. etc.

2. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

Thanks Donkey.
    Perhaps I will finaly be able to work my Tom-Tom on my laptop?
    And mt motorola phone....

3. donkey42

donkey42 plank

np
    just so you know
    Code:
    winecfg
    only configures Wine

BTW: as you probably know searching wine on Google returns many useful stuff[ot]just ran net-install of Debian, cos i couldn't remember how to increase apt cache (AT told me ages ago, but don't need it now[/ot]glad to be useful