Wireless Headphones for LAN Parties.

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by D0c1021, Apr 1, 2003.

1. D0c1021

D0c1021 Geek Trainee

Has anyone done this?
    And if so what are the pros and cons?

2. Skaeleen

Skaeleen Geek Trainee

I have wireless everything.

Pros about this are...

Easy, good sound, usually. You want something at 2.4GHz becuase you want to walk around yet listen to music if your at a lan party. Walking around is nice, but the pricetag is pretty high. 80$ mine were, they just take batteries, and replacing them are not worth it. Just go for a pair of really nice Koss, or sony headphones, big one, with amazng sound. Its all worth it, plus wlaking around isnt that big of a deal for me. My two cents. If you want more on wieless headphones, i'll give you my specs/review.

3. DeveloperX

DeveloperX Geek Trainee

I cant imagine 10 - 20 wireless headphones in one building without interferance...

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Depends on how many people are using it, and if it's the exact same band.

5. Skaeleen

Skaeleen Geek Trainee

I've never been to a LAN party, im more for personal use, but I would suspect there to be some sort of interferance. i dont get any with my keyboard. I dont see why it would effect, unless they do have the same brand ect.

6. Mike Rogers

Mike Rogers Geek Trainee

I'd say to stick with conventional methods: software that makes use of the LAN. Teamspeak seems to be the best. I believe it is the most secure method, wireless is verrrry expensive and like Big B said if you're all on the same band....what about opposing teams (a 'spy' can easily switch back and forth)