wireless problem

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by pixofile, Nov 1, 2006.

1. pixofile

pixofile Geek Trainee

hey i have a netgear DG834GT router which has a laptop hard wired into it and my pc up in my room using wireless about a week ago the laptop kept getting disconnected thru wireless and to stop it my old man hard wired itto the router and now im gettin the same problem on my pc i'll boot up my pc and belkin 802.11G wireless pci card will connect usually stay on for about an hour or so then it will suddenly drop and then it chuck a massive wobbler and wont connect so i have to keep disabling it and enabling it after for it to connect
    ino that the routers wireless cant be setup up wrong coz it has been fine for about 18 months
    any ideas
    ash

2. pixofile

pixofile Geek Trainee

oh and also i have had my connection upgraded to up to 8 megs but can only get 3 atm but the router is still saying that i have 576ks and is only downloadin @ about 60 got any ideas about how to get the router to no that my lines has been upgraded

3. Crusha19

Crusha19 Aspiring Poker Player

I dont really know the answer to your question, but i think it would help others if you used punctuation and sentences, and maybe spelled a bit better? For the speed issue could it be a port problem? For the disconecting problem could the router be dying?

4. StimpE

StimpE lol, Internet!

What kind of router do you have? Reason I'm asking is because I just tossed a router that was doing sorta the same thing. It was a linksys WRT45G v6. It didn't matter if it was wired or wireless, the network would drop at random times and if the network remained up the WAN connection would drop and weird stuff like that, even upgrading the firmware didn't fix it. Cisco should stay out of the home market imo.

5. pixofile

pixofile Geek Trainee

it is a netgear DG834GT router

6. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Has the router been rebooted?
    Have you tried Ethereal to diagnose the problem?

7. pixofile

pixofile Geek Trainee

yeah i have rebooted the router and no i havent