Witch RAM?

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by XxX86Sniper8, Jun 22, 2005.

1. XxX86Sniper8

XxX86Sniper8 Geek Trainee

What ram is better,
    CORSAIR XMS 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) ECC Registered System Memory Model CMX1024RE-3200 - Retail

OR

Rosewill 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model RW400/2048KITDP - Retail

They are both around $180.00.

I am building an system with..

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

AND

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3500BPBOX - Retail

With this GPU...

ASUS EN6600GT/TD/128 Geforce 6600GT 128MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

ANY suggestions will be helpfull!

2. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

if the XMS runs on dual channel, go with that, corsair has good overall satisfaction with their memory, so does rosewill, but if corsair takes up a good percent of the memory market, they are bound to have good customer service and good memory, im running 2 gigs of CMX1024-3200C2PT on my system

3. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Go with the Corsair, it's higher quality, the latency will be much better, and you can always just buy another gig later. The thing is there's really not much need for 2gigs of ram as of yet, for almost all but the most intensive apps anyway, and that does not include gaming. 2gigs is nice but I'd buy the Corsair and see how it works for you, I can't see it letting you down.

4. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

yeaht the only reason i have two gigs is because i lucked out on thinking i can put dual channel on one stick, but my dad felt bad for me, and got me another.

5. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Ha! Nice one, I so can't picture my dad doing that, he cringes just becuase I spend $300 on my 6800, he's not going to like my buying that 7800GTX then will he?

6. Addis

Addis The King

Exfoliate if my son used $300 to buy a graphics card for his Pc I would do more than cringing.

7. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

hahahaa, thats the reason why id rather my mom NOT to know what certain parts are for

8. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Ah, Addis always the voice of reason;) But even with this card I'm not exactly soaring through HL2 by any means, if you're going to build your own PC you might aswell do it right I guess.

XxX86Sniper8 likes this.
  9. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

DO NOT BUY THE CORSAIR! You said it is registered, unless you are building a server, which from looking at the specs you don't appear to be, you don't need it. BIG waste of money. If you want to go all out on the RAM get Corsair but not ECC.

10. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Woah, good eyes there dude, It's true, you could get away with it but there's really no need, stick with non ECC/unregistered dude, sorry I didn't call you attention to it earlier.

11. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

Get this RAM, its magiacally delicious.

12. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

also corsair 1gb sticks are usually CAS-3.

much better link max

13. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Woah, nice stuff, some of the pretties ram I've ever seen.

14. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

Yea, if Will Farrell was as cool as that RAM he would have gotten into the Roxbury the first time ;)

EDIT: Kick :swear:, I just looked closer at your avatar and noticed it is a CS spray, might have to get that one.
    EDIT 2: BTW, that RAM is 2-3-3-6

15. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Haha! Glad someone understands my avitar:good: That movie's so stupid it's brilliant.

16. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

Yea, so stupid, yet so, so funny. Well what do you expect when Chris Kattan and Will Farrell are the main characters?

17. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Yeah really dude, they should make a sequel or something. Though it wouldn't be the same as they're not the losers they once were:(

18. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

Yea, that would be cool, but very hard. But if they could concieve something so retarded in the first place I have faith that they can do it again :)

19. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

wow yeah i dint notice the registered part too,

hey EX- could this be because we're in America and brought up here? we're naturally stupid? haha but YOU STILL GET THE STATE WITH AWESOME GIRLS AHHHH

20. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

:devil: You can come visit sometime dude;)