World Of Warcraft Latency

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Chelski, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Chelski

Chelski Geek Trainee

Hi, i was just wondering what causes my latency to sometimes shoot quite high, some days its low (96) then sometimes it shhots so high (500), i was wondering what may cause this and is there a solution to it?

-Chelski-

2. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

Latency can be influenced by a lot of things including (but not limited too)

• Other users on the network
    • Other applications using bandwidth
    • Your ISP, at peak usage times you tend to get a bit of a slowdown

Some home routers (I am assuming you have a home network btw) have an option to prioritize traffic based on its port, this might help...

3. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

can i just add to that,

* Problems with servers at Blizzards end.

Latency normally hits peak between 5pm - 11pm week days and 10am - 11pm weekends.

*Sometimes there are also lag spikes that effect the whole network where the game pauses for 20 secs and then the latency bar jumps to 1000+

*Always try and avoid using a wireless connection as the bandwidth isnt constant.

*If you think the lag is bad, try playing Alterac Valley BG lvl 50+ and then your'll see bad lag.

4. Chelski

Chelski Geek Trainee

I dont get lag as in the game slowing down i just get sometimes high latency some days and some low latency some days. But it only really effect me attacking and picking up items.

5. Chelski

Chelski Geek Trainee

What server you on York?

6. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

shadowsong.
    The latency going up and down isnt unusual. i dont really notice with my chars as i use melee combat.

Do u use a fixed connection?