World Of Warcraft!!

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Chelski, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Chelski

Chelski Geek Trainee

Hi people, i was just wondering if my PC spec is good enough to play Wold of Warcraft with no lag at all.

CPU: Intel P4 Socket 775 3Ghz/2MB Cache/800FSB
    RAM: 1GB DDR PC3200 RAM
    HDD: 400GB
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 9250 256MB AGP Card
    Internet: 512KB

Do you reckon thats all good enough spec to run with no lag?

2. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

yea, i am not sure about full settings though, and maybe our internet may make you lag sometimes, but i cant really say as i have never played the game, just seen screenshots, but maybe at medium settings it should be ok :)

3. AaManiac

AaManiac Geek Trainee

NZONE: CAN I RUN IT?

Run this small app. it'll give you a pretty good idea of where your comp. stands as far as playing WOW...

4. lowIQ

lowIQ Geek Trainee

i am 100% shure u can run the game without lag but u will always get occasional lag spikes even on official but your pc should run the game fine

5. Chelski

Chelski Geek Trainee

6. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

As a hardcore player of WOW i think u should have no prob running the game at full specs. i manage to with athlon 64 2.2ghz, 6600gt, 1gb of ram, and a 4mb broadband connection.

As far as the lag is concerned u may experience some lag in all the usual places like the major cities, instances e.g scholomance, and Stratholme, + raid instancing.

Alot of the lag issues are due to ISP's connection with Blizzard's server and vice versa.

+ocassional lag spikes which can effect spells and melee combat for a short period of time.

All i can say is if you have loads of time that needs filling with a very addictive online game then WOW is second to none.

Welcome aboard!!!

7. Willz

i and when i get sky broadband, i might get wow, as internet montly subscriptions are cheap with sky, possibly shave £8 + off the bill? and WoW is £8, a month?

8. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

WOW is £9 a month but i go normally go for 3 months at a time and make a slight saving at £25. u can save more by going for 6 months or annual subscription but its wether you have the necessary funds to be able to do it.

Some servers seem to preform better than others as well so you may want to try different ones.

My tip is to avoid 'the maelstrom' pvp server as i had nothing but lag all the time i was on it.

9. Willz

so they put it up by £1 :p, i will have funds once i get away from crappy aol, my dad will pay it :p thats if he likes the game :p

10. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

Don't let your dad near it!!! Once he's had a go your'll find yourself playing football in the garden while he plays it in your place.

I went to my parents a couple of weeks ago and were showing my old man the game that has consumed my life for the last 18 months, he gave it the usual ive got better things to do with my time thing. But me mum has said since that he keeps going on it.

So my old man who is 53 could soon be a wow player like myself.

The guild of players im currently in has an average age of 32, so this game truly does span all the generations.

+ how can 7.5 million worldwide subscibers be wrong!!

How are Blizzard not the richest games company in the world.

11. Willz

Woah, thats amazing, i really want WoW, best pick up a 14 day free trial :p.

12. mut

mut Geek Trainee

I just got WoW last wednesday. I've played it non-stop, addicted already.
    The game is truly amazing, I used to have a strange hatred for the game, which I had previously never played.

13. Willz

lol, i really want to try it out, cant afford the fees tho :p

14. Chelski

Chelski Geek Trainee

Ive bought the game yesterday, waiting for it to arrive, gona try the one month free with it and see what ill do from there.

Willz i recommend you pay £40 for a year which is cheaper than paying £8/9 month and just get your parents to pay via credit card and then just pay them back, thats an idea i might use.

15. Willz

40quid, and cant i get the game online for free when paying that? or do i still have to go to a shop and pay like 30quid for it?

16. Chelski

Chelski Geek Trainee

The thing is if you download it or something, you wont have the special key that you get with the game that is needed to identify a real version of the game and lets you create and account online without it the cds are useless, the game i bought it brand new from ebay for £12.50, your paying this all for the key really lol :p, so i recommend buying it....but i do usually get my games for free so haha

17. Willz

no, i dont mean illigally download it, i mean, like with guildwars, you buy your key, and you can download the game for free, but you can do that either way, you just pay for the key, so what i mean is, can i buy the key off of WoW.com or something, and then download the game client?

18. Chelski

Chelski Geek Trainee

Sadly they dont do that sort of service due to fraud reasons, they require you to buy the game, because the EURO SERVERS version which is the i bought is a 5CD oackage so it would take a heck of a long time to get that virtually :D, its quicker just to buy the game from GAME or something and youll get the key and CD's with it lol

19. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

Most of the shops are selling wow now for 14.99. It's half the 30+ quid i paid for it. i would suggest ordering it off GAME or Play.com but dont know the postage rates.
    Just go into Gamestation in York an get it. If u have some games to trade in it might end up costing you nothing.

Happy Gaming!

20. lowIQ

lowIQ Geek Trainee

u can pick wow up for £10 in store at hmv :D

i just started playing wow im on ragnaros pvp server i tried out several but its been by far the best