Would someone mind doing a small image for me

Discussion in 'Graphics Design' started by zeus, Jun 16, 2007.

1. zeus

zeus out of date

EDIT: It does matter now, there something I cant edit on the phone so im not going to use this wallpaper now.

Im trying to make a theme for my phone but cant for the life of me get the wallpaper how I want. You'll see on the wallpaper that the bottom of the round windows logo is squared off. All I want to do is shrink down the complete logo and paste it in. The wallpaper is 240x320.

My problem is that I cant get rid of the white bits and I cant select a round portion... only squre/rectangular.

Ive got paint shop pro 7 but this is the first time ive tried to use it. I dont know what im doing!

Could someone please paste it in for me?? :O :unsure:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. donkey42

donkey42 plank

well the image type is .png & i dont think .png's support transparency

BTW: is this what you want
    [​IMG]

Edit: converted it to .GIF

3. zeus

zeus out of date

I didnt know .png didnt support transparency. Ill remember that.

I wanted that round one put in the wallpaper but my phone already has a start button logo in that corner so it look a bit crappy anyway.

Ive just removed the lot and am using this.....
    [​IMG]

The only thing is the program im using to automatically create the xml does it for a 176*220 resolution and my phone is 240*320. I know it sounds as easy as telling it is 240*320 and editting the rest of the code in accordance but it wont work properly. I wasted all day yesterday leaving me 30min this morning to get something for fathers day. Not good!

4. donkey42

donkey42 plank

so where exactly on this wallpaper ?
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    do you want it at the bottom left like this
    [​IMG]

5. zeus

zeus out of date

Yeah, but without the bottom lopped off. Like I said it doesnt matter now. The blank one looks better and I can change the blue part easier then too.