Would the EVGA GeForce GTX 550Ti graphics card fit in the MCP73VT-PM motherboard?

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by GrannyWrinkle96, Jul 25, 2011.

1. GrannyWrinkle96

GrannyWrinkle96 Geek Trainee

2. Wildcard

Wildcard Big Geek

Hi,

The card requirements say it needs a pci express 16x slot and the motherboard says it has one pci express 16x slot so it should be able to connect to the board without problems. You should also check to be sure it will fit inside of your case though, some of these newer cards require a lot of room in the case and may not fit inside micro atx cases. Also make sure that your power supply meets the minimum requirements of the card, and the card says you need to have at least one 6 pin power connector for the card so be sure you have one free. A lot of older power supplies do not have the connectors so just be sure yours does before ordering the card.

3. GrannyWrinkle96

Thank you, very much! I'll have to take a look inside tomorrow then :)

4. GrannyWrinkle96

I think on the website it says it comes with the power cable anyway, and I've checked inside so I think it'll fit. But I might have to see if I can buy a new power supply along with it. Thanks for your help!