writing movies

Discussion in 'Storage Devices' started by littlesaj, Oct 10, 2004.

1. littlesaj

littlesaj Geek Trainee

i want to write a movie to cd, the movie is less that 700mb which is good, the only prob is that when i write it it doesnt work on my dvd player, i have asked a few people and they have advised me to chage the movie from avi to vob format, i have never heard of vob and dont know how to change it, is there a program that will do this for me?i just want to watch the the movie on my dvd player, please help

thanks

2. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

what you'll need to do is not change it to .vob is but to burn it as a VCD or video compact disc.

but, this all depends if your dvd player can play burnt cd's and has a vcd decoder
    what dvd player do you have?

I don't know of any programs that are free and handle conversion to, and burning of VCD's

I know roxio easy cd creator 6 is extremely easy to use and will make and burn files onto a vcd.

But I do know of one program that will play VCD's on your computer, just to test if you burnt it correctly or if you want to watch VCD's

http://www.download.com/Lalim-VCD-Player-Lite/3000-2194-10237958.html?tag=lst-0-1

EDIT:
    http://www.handyarchive.com/Audio/CD-DVD-Burners/10911-YASA-Audio-Data-Video-CD-Burner.html

There's a free Burning program! Let us know how it goes

3. littlesaj

littlesaj Geek Trainee

thanks, have you heard of a program super dvd creator, its a program i have used which is great but the only problem is it will only let me write 2mins of a file and then i cnat write anymore unless i register, is there anywhere i cna get a registered copy of this program or get a registration key fomr somewhere?

4. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

If it costs money, not legally so don't even try