X800 GTO² compatible with A8N-SLi Premium?

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by Chris_, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Chris_

Chris_ Excalibur

Hey again, I've changed my mind and Im going to get the X800 GTO² but I need to know if it is compatible with the Asus A8N-SLi Premium?

I would also like to know if the Arctic Cooling ATI 4 (X800 Series) VGA Silencer would be the best bet for keeping the vid. card cool and good for overclocking?

Thanks in advance,
    Chris_

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Yes. You can use any PCIe or PCI card with an ATi graphics chip on any nForce 4 board. The Artic Cooling stuff is pretty good, but I haven't used any AC products. If you can find it, the CoolerMaster CoolViva is a nice & quiet VGA cooler. The only real downside is the space it takes up. It does keep things very cool, however.

3. Chris_

Chris_ Excalibur

Thanks BB, I'll look into that cooler. :D

4. Chris_

Chris_ Excalibur

After reading that review, and seeing it installed in the case, I think it is taking up to much room. I'll read some reviews on the Arctic Cooling ATI 4 and make a decision.

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Yup. It's main thing is the size, but it's a heatpipe-based cooler and the design requires that size to work effectively. If the Arctic Cooling products were crap, you wouldn't see a ton of people using them. Not as many people are into heatpipe coolers on video cards because of the large size required to work effectively.

6. Chris_

Chris_ Excalibur

Im going to get the Artic Cooling ATI 4 (X800 Series) VGA Silencer. As it's an ok size and it's been rated high on a few reviews I've read.

Thanks for ya help BB :)

7. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Yeah although the Arctic Cooling coolers take up the slot below the card they dont go all the way around the back, that coolviva would be good if you had lots of space...or you can try the Vantec iCEBERQ5 Premium VGA Cooling Kit i got from www.overclockers.co.uk it's a great kit and still takes up the slot below the card, although i would think if you can get an Arctic Cooling cooler that will fit your card, go for it...they seem to be the best

8. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

9. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

who cares if they take up the slot below, my card is a single slot design, but i can tell you now, i would not put any card in the slot below it, as it would be blocking the fan from getting any air, infact i dont think you could fit a card in the slow below it, its only good for thinkgs like switches and stuff on backplates is the slot below the card.

10. Chris_

Chris_ Excalibur

Im sticking with the Artic Cooling ATI 4 (X800 Series) VGA Silencer. I think it would be the best option for me because it doesn't take that much space up as some of the others.