XBOX games on PC

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Full_Moon Unity, Jan 20, 2003.

1. Full_Moon Unity

Full_Moon Unity Geek Trainee

Does exist any software that makes able to play XBOX games on PC ???

Thnx in advance ;)

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I don't think there is mate, have you tried searching on google? you might find out, even if its possible or not, now or in the future!

3. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

At the moment I don't think you can though!

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Too bad there isn't something like Bleem (PS1 games on the PC---dead project).

5. phr4gmonk3y

phr4gmonk3y Geek Trainee

I wished there was... Unfortunately, its impossible to have an xbox emulator, something about there not being enough processing power to emulate sound, video, and the likes all at once. Sorry for the bad news...:(

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

That doesn't make a lot of sense, since the Xbox is essentially the nForce 1 chipset with the integrated video and sound. It probaly wouldn't need an emulator so much as just a translator program. It's just got some variances to run a P3 733MHz CPU instead of an Athlon or Duron. It's the closest console to a PC. Still, the PC does offer better graphics, and it's biggest seller, Halo, is being ported to the PC anyway.

7. phr4gmonk3y

phr4gmonk3y Geek Trainee

Id agree with you, except what your saying is different from what I have heard. I have gone to a few websites (sorry, I forget the urls) and every one of them is stating that its impossible. Same thing for the ps2, except, they've been able to emulate the cpu only. Does anyone else know about this?

8. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

It might be possible, but Microsoft is making it illegal. A console is similar to a PC, and with the XBOX being so close to the PC (it really is one), I think it's just MS keeping it from happening. That's just my theory. I would like to read the reasons why tho, if you can come up with the links.:)