XBOX modding web sites

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by efx2003, Dec 13, 2004.

1. efx2003

efx2003 Big Geek

I would like to know if somebody knows of some web sites that I can trust and are good. That have hardware to mod a xbox. Please Help

Thank You

2. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

As far as I know the modding of xboxes are illegal, and therefore not a topic discussed here.

3. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Let Me Break It Down

*Turns Hip Beat On*

There is nothing illegal in modifying a system.

I fail to see what the difference between modifying a video console to do more things than it was originally intended and a modified car that has a lowered suspension, or racing tires.

Basically Modifying an XBOX is not illegal (In the UK & EU I believe, not sure about US), Yes it gives u the ability to go about "Illegal" activities, such as downloading illegal content, however a modded XBOX is not illegal, you are merely voiding your warranty.

Modding your XBOX so you can download games illegally off the net IS, If you want to Mod your XBOX with the intention of copying your own games, then transferring your files to the XBOX's Hard Drive, with the aim of not damaging the Original CD's you own, then its fine.

However, back on topic, personally I think you should goto: http://www.google.co.uk and search for: "XBOX Modding" and select to search "The Web" or "UK Sites", it's not that taxing is it?

4. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

Hardware modding is completely legal. Prepare to have your warranty voided. Microsoft has had a big beef with companies producing the programs that put the games on the hard drive and you can run the games off the HDD however. I'm almost positive doing any software mods to the XBOX is ILLEGAL as it defies user agreements stated by Microsoft. Have fun with mods! If you do any give the link here I wanna do some soon!

5. efx2003

efx2003 Big Geek

Thanks for the help