Your intro to music?

Discussion in 'Concert Hall' started by Big B, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

So, what band(s)/artist(s) got you into music?

The first three bands I can remember were No Doubt, Jane's Addiction, and Smashing Pumpkins, mostly due to my older cousin and his musical tastes.

2. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

Black Sabbath was the first thing I listened to, then I kinda dropped out of music. Then I was given the Kerrang! CD Vol 1 as a gift and listened to it for a laugh, the second I heard Last Resort by Papa Roach I was hooked, I bought the album and from that long road I have become a maggot. :D

3. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

queen ~ we will rock you, back when i was around 8 or so
    offspring ~ pretty fly for a white guy was the second thing i majorly loved

and then (sic) got me in to slipknot/soulfly/rage/pantera and all the othe metal i love today

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I got into hard stuff during my teen years where everything sucks. Slipknot is still pretty nice, but I'm just thinking how much some bands, like Korn, are well past their prime and need to retire.

5. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

yup, korn in particular.

they should quit whilst they were a "head", excuse my poor attempt at a pun.

rage i hope will be around for a while, but their early stuff really sucked, self titled, and battle of los angeles are phenemonal albums, the others, not good imho

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Rage Against the Machine probably won't get back together, as they're making waves with Chris Cornell in Audioslave.

7. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

It took me a long time to really care about music in general, we're talking about a 13 year old who didn't have any CD's of his own. The first CD I ever really liked was the Matrix soundtrack, so in that case Juno Reactor, Rob Dougan, Don Davis, and most of whoever else was on that CD, (though a couple tracks were crap). Nirvana, Green Day, The Cars, and AC DC moved me into the rock group too. As for techno there are too many artists to bother listing but my fav would probably be Assemblage 23 who does Industrial dance type stuff and is also pretty dark, I think it's cool anyway.

8. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

that is true, im a great fan of their first album, but havent heard anything from their new one, out of exile, i believe.

hope its as good, cos the self titled was exceptional

9. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

Garth brooks got me into music. I was into country, never heard anything else. Got into not so popular music and stuff.

10. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

this might offend people but blink got me into rock, eventually i picked up my guitar and got in love quickly with bands like the who and zepplin, and a little plant was cool from time to time

11. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Doesn't offend me:), those bands are pretty cool, though then again I have little experience with them, I'm pretty soft core I'm afraid.

12. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

Hmmm, I'm really not sure what got me into it. The first music I liked was Jackson Browne of all people. I've been to a few of his concerts and been backstage at 1 or 2. Then I listened to alternative like Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Spin Doctors, Fastball, that stuff. Then I kinda moved to... rap. Now I like oldies like Clapton, Led Zepplin, The Scorpions, and my favorite classic band, The Doors. I also listen to light stuff down to Dashboard Confessionals, through Foo Fighters, Papa Roach, and on up to Dimmu Borgir. Taken a lot of twists an turns as you can see so its hard for me to tell where it all started, but probably seeing Jackson Browne live when I was like, 7, did it.

13. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

Count Basie Orchestra got me into jazz and now into funk :)