Youtube playback freezing

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by dfraz, Apr 19, 2011.

1. dfraz

dfraz Geek Trainee

Hey guys

Few days ago my computer started to freeze on me while playing videos over youtube. First thing I did was ran memtest and found out one of my 2gb sticks was bad-Awesome-good-great-wait-Still freezes. I've ran some things to try and diagnose the piece of hardware, 3dmark vantage had said my graphics card was running at far lower specs than it's rated at, and so now I can watch only full screen videos on youtube at 240p, While fullscreening anything else, it freezes, in addition: Already downloaded video does not cause any problems as of yet, Graphics card? Power supply?

How can I further investigate the issue

2. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

Are you using Firefox/Chrome or IE? Disable any tool bars you don't use as well as useless plugins/add-ons that are installed and used by your browser.

3. dfraz

dfraz Geek Trainee

I'm using chrome, but tried firefox and it did the same thing. No toolbars and no addons.

4. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

Maybe its a problem with your flash player. Go to http://www.dailymotion.com/us and stream anything. Still lagging? Re-install flash. I know that chrome already comes with it, but do it anyway.
    Is your anti-virus scanning for viruses? Sometimes this may slow browsing down.
    Use Windows Disk Cleanup and clear out all your cookies and temp files.
    Update your graphics card driver. You shouldn't be limited to only 240p. Are you using an integrated graphics card?

5. dfraz

dfraz Geek Trainee

No lagging or anything on a video- Just stutters for about a second-freezes-but often times can still here sound.
    It happens on netflix also (silverlight). AV not running in background and I have a program that already cleans up all that extra crap. Driver was just recently installed.

After my last video card failed EVGA replaced it with a 260 (refurbished obviously) so not integrated.