Audigy 1 BSOD - conflict with vid card?

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by luna lounge, Dec 17, 2004.

1. luna lounge

luna lounge Geek Trainee

Tried to put an old Audigy 1 in my system. Uninstalled onboard soundmax drivers, rebooted, disabled onboard sound in bios. Even before I installed the Creative drivers, if I do ANYTHING using the vid card (GF FX5200) the system would lock up and after a minute or so BSOD. This even includes the animated introduction on the autoplay of the Creative driver CD, and windows media player. On reboot, the recovery message tells me it's a conflict with the vid card. I tried installing the drivers directly through the setup program anyway, but on reboot I get no sound and the lockups remain. I took it out, re-enabled onboard sound and everything is back to normal. I haven't tried anything since. Any idea where I should start? I'm hoping it's an nvidia driver issue, because the 5200 is only a temp solution while I upgrade to an ATI vid card. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

Sorry about the late reply :) sounds like a compatibility issue but let us know if you got it fixed or not.

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Specifically, what is the error message and what code(s) and (if any) files are listed?

4. Dave35k

Dave35k H4ck3r

i would try your sound card in a different pci slot m should sort it out. b4 u do this unistall ur sound card drivers then reinstall them after the change of slot. hope this helps Dave :good: