CD Writer difficulty

Discussion in 'Storage Devices' started by Impeditor, Aug 16, 2002.

1. Impeditor

Impeditor Geek Trainee

Hi ppl, I am using a Philips PCRW404 to try to copy some files (Warcraft3) from my computer to a cd-r, so I can't use CloneCD....I'm using Nero 5.something. But every time I try to do this, I get a: "End of user area on this track" error msg at a random point in the cd(19%, then 99%, then 54%), even tho the files fit in the cd (600meg's of files on a 700meg cd). Does anyone has any idea on how to solve this? Thanks:D

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

What brand of media are you using? I know I've had some trouble with PNY 700MB CD-R's. If it's just the Warcraft 3 CD, it may have something to do with some anti-copy scheme...I had a friend that just burned a full copy of W3 without a problem using Nero 5.x.x.x. I'm not sure I have many good ideas unless it's just your bad luck or something. You could try going to Ahead's website and snagging the latest update for Nero and see if that fixes anything.

3. Impeditor

Impeditor Geek Trainee

I've tried with Sony 700mb cd's (with a bunch of "exelent optical", "perfect quality" lables) Dr.Hank 700mb cd's and some CD's with no label...but it's probably not a hardware problem, as I copy everything else perfectly. Warcraft III uses Sony SecureROM 2, but according to "www.gamecopyworld.com" nero shuld handle it (I have version 5..5.4.0, the latest I think)...

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

You might wanna check that Nero is set to "record bad sectors" when you're setting up the burning process. Other than that, I can't think of anything, save bad luck, that's preventing you from recording the disc. I'll have to talk with my buddy about that recording, because, like I posted earlier, he had no problems using Nero.

5. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

Have you tried using different software, try CDR-WIN, it should do the trick. I find it to be a very good to burn my ISO's...?

by saying "some files", you do mean a ISO right? It could be thats its corrupt of something? :swt:

6. syngod

syngod Moderator

Might be a good idea to try a different brand of disc. I've tried Sony 700MB discs on 3 seperate burners and none worked with any decent results (4x10 packs and only 1 readable disc after burning.)

Burners I've used are Plex 8/4/32, Lite-on 40X, and Pacific Digital 32/12/48. On all of them I had quite a few errors during burns and if they did complete they wouldn't read in either the burner or my Toshiba 8x DVD-Rom or Pioneer 16x Slot load DVD Drive.

7. Impeditor

Impeditor Geek Trainee

Yeah, "some files" means an ISO, but it's not corrupt because Nero does not seem to open ISO files, so I used IsoBuster to extract the files from the .iso to a directory(C:\Warcraft_iii) an the extracted files worked...I'm downloading CDR-WIN to try it out, an I'll try the "record bad sectors" optios on Nero...

8. Impeditor

Impeditor Geek Trainee

Using CDR-WIN solved the problem, I also used a Imation 650mb disk :cool: Thanks for the help ppl!

9. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

n/p glad we could be off some help!

10. LyNeX

LyNeX Guest

Almost all nero versions I've used picked up ISO/Bin-Cue/NRG files. I don't know whats up with your computer, but it should have burned correctly without busting open the ISO.