CPU Voltage Control

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by LightningJR, Dec 31, 2004.

1. LightningJR

LightningJR Geek Trainee

I have a Biostar M7VIZ version 5.1; I looked through the motherboard manual and couldn't find any jumpers for CPU voltage control and all it shows in the BIOS is the current voltage but you can not change them. :swear: The BIOS is newly updated. I was wondering if someone could help me mayb im overlooking something in the bios or something or is there a program out there that can change the CPU voltage. Thanks for all your help.

JR

2. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

programs can't change voltage unless you have, I believe Abit and MSI are the only companies that offer software to change that.

3. LightningJR

LightningJR Geek Trainee

Are you 100% sure about this. It comes with warpspeed overclocker and it says "overvoltage" but im not too sure I will try soon, but if my memory serves me right it's just a limiter just in case the voltage goes too high or too low it will change it back to the recommended. Shitty if the voltage can't be changed.. :( :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear:

If anyone has this motherboard or any other info for me please share, it would be helpful for me thanks.

JR

4. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

You shouldn't change voltage on CPU unless your OC'in it big time anyway...

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Yup. I don't remember Biostar being a big company for overclockers, so it's not surprising that you don't have voltage controls. Not all motherboards have them, as not all are designed with overclocking in mind. I don't know how well Biostar's overclocking software works, but as NF said, don't change it unless you're overclocking and need it for stability. If you really want to do overclocking, get a different motherboard entirely.

6. EVO TicTak

EVO TicTak Geek Trainee

Some boards have hidden advanced options. once in the bios I have seen some use CTRL+F1 to access the features...this may not be the case on yours. You may be able to find the info on it at the biostar site under the tech specs....if you try to email biostar you will get a stupid reply like"you enter bios by pressing delete and make happy"

7. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

That's a trick on Gigabyte motherboards. Far as I know, it's exclusive to Gigabyte motherboards.

8. EVO TicTak

EVO TicTak Geek Trainee

I think you are right about my example with CTRL+F1, but a while back i had a biostar here and if memory serves it had a hidden bios feature setup, I had to look for a while on the biostar site, I just dont remember what the keys to access it were.

9. EVO TicTak

EVO TicTak Geek Trainee

Ok, looked up the pdf manual for the board, they set it up so you would have to use the warpspeed program, if you have the manual that came with the board it explains how to set the voltage with it. if you dont have the manual download it below, the instructions for the warpspeed are all the way at the end past the other languages.
    http://www.biostar-usa.com/mbdownloads.asp?model=m7viz