disappearing printers

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by dausbrooks, Aug 18, 2003.

1. dausbrooks

dausbrooks Geek Trainee

I have app. 30 W2K workstations logging into a Novell network. (NetWare 6.0) using Novell's client 4.83 - sp2.

Printers added through NDPS on 8 of these workstations are lost on after the user logs out. All 8 of these are pcs with Celeron 700 MHz processors.

The user can add & use any printer in our network as long as he/she stays logged in. Once the user logs out and then back in -the printer is not there.

Any suggestions about how to resolve this problem will be greatly appreciated, since I don't have the slightest clue.

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

What about the other 22 that don't have the problem?

3. dausbrooks

dausbrooks Geek Trainee

I don't have a problem with the other 22 pcs losing their printers - only this particular type of pc. (Celeron 700 MHz).

Some of the other 22 pcs are Celeron 466 MHz, but everything stays in place like it should.

4. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

try to compare printer / network settings on the machines which dont remove the printers during log off! to see if you have left something out?

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I'm not sure if this will bring up anything, but check the event logs and see if anything shows up. Also, check Windows Update if you haven't yet to see if there's a hotfix or not.