embedded touch screen device

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by kokoro, Aug 17, 2012.

1. kokoro

kokoro Geek Trainee

I'm looking for some sort of embedded touchscreen device that I can put a c# application on it so a client can use the gui.

I need this device to have:
    -Ethernet port for network access (the c# program sends and recieves information from a sql server DB)
    -usb or serial port (attaching a barcode reader or magnetic strip reader, not sure yet)
    - built in speaker or aux to attach a speaker ( based on numbers the user might send to the server it can set an alarm is the number is 'whack')

basically my c# .net program gets a user ID out of a barcode. this ID will pull certain information for the user for their work order. (piece to make quantity etc). Theirs then buttons on the gui for when user is done to submit the order is done etc.

Is their any device that i can download an app i develop on Visual Studios and then download it to some form of touchscreen device that will make this happen??? or maybe a linux alternative (although im being kind of forced to work with all microsoft products)

I've never really developed programs outside the will blown desktop so i'm not familiar with putting a program on something else.

Any suggesstions appreciated

2. danflorrick

danflorrick Geek Trainee

I posted your question at other forum but still got nothing replies. So have you figured out how to deal with it? I have a similar C# program on how to get information from a barcode while my clients scanning it.

3. rickycox1989

rickycox1989 Geek Trainee

I think common barcode reader can solve your problem.