Good home speaker set?

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by Exfoliate, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what sort of speakers (5.1 or 7.1) I should look at for a home theater sort of thing. I'd just have then set up for gaming and DVD purposes and want good sound but I don't expect anything wall shattering or mind blowing. Cheap would be nice too, like the more under $100 the better but I'd go up to $150 if that's really what it would take to get something good.
    Is it possible to use a set of Logitech http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/te...6600008?_encoding=UTF8&n=172282&s=electronics speakers with a TV? Since is says PC and they're, well PC speakers, I doubt it but it would save me a lot of dough at least.

Thanks dudes:)

2. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

my brother has one of those and in a room with surround facing from above and good acoustics they sound amazing. beats the hell out of my klipsch set in games and are pretty damn loud.

You just need any adapters from your audio source to 3.5mm since the speakers have an input for 3.5mm stereo front, 3.5mm stereo back and a 3.5mm center. You might be able to just get RCA to 3.5mm stereo cables like http://store.homeavcables.com/43522.html those. Since most dvd players have RCA 5.1 outputs getting two of those and an RCA to mono 3.5mm would work for the center.

3. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

I have that exact speaker set (Logitech X-530) and I'm really happy with it. Great bang for buck! I think it'll work very well for what you want to do, and the speaker stands even rotate to become wall mounts. But Fetus is right that you'll more than likely need to convert each 1/8" stereo male to 2x RCA male in order to make proper use of it with a home surround amplifier. That means you'd need an adapter similar to the one fetus linked, except yours would have to have a 1/8" female on one end, not a 1/8" male as is pictured.

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

That's great news, so just an adaptor and those logitech's and I'll be enveloped in acoustic goodness. Hail logitech. And thanks guys.

5. JayGlobin

JayGlobin Geek Trainee

Brilliant. I was about to post a new thread asking about these Logitech X-530 speakers (hopefully santa will bring me some) but this has just about cleared it up. Thanks guys.