Half Life 2 Lost coast

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Willz, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

From what Will's been saying it should now be any option in HL2:good:

2. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

there is an options for HDR in half life 2, hmm, so for my specs, is 25 avarage on half life 2 lost coast ok?
    i was quite dissapointed with the framrates i was getting.

3. beretta9m2f

beretta9m2f Karate-Chop Action Gabe

Is this HDR stuff going to be the new way of doing things for video games or first person shooters? Cuz if its crippling X800s and 6800s we're gonna all need some hardcore cards to keep up with the gaming market. I don't know if its poor programming or that FEAR is so graphically astounding (it looks nice but i still think HL2's gfx are cleaner and nicer) but FEAR gives me what i feel is about an average of 40-60 (60 if i'm in a hallway by myself, forget open areas)fps when i turn everything up; and i have a 7800GT!! whats it gonna take to run games perfectly!

4. Willz

when ATI is ready for fear, i am expecting 60fps on maximum settings, becouse i am enraged by F.E.A.R. at the moment, i have a good mind to complain >:I
    i dont think HDR is a new way for video gaming, just new effects, like in lost coast, its kind of showing off High dynamic range lighting, and as you can see, the effect is awsome (see images took by me in first post)

the only games cripling my card so far is half life 2 lost coast, and F.E.A.R, >:I GRRRRR

5. beretta9m2f

beretta9m2f Karate-Chop Action Gabe

With me its just fear that's utterly pissing me off. I'm on interval 5 and i'm enjoying the game, but sometimes the slowdown is just ridiculous and i really think its just how they programmed the game. I think VU could have utilized the current hardware better in order to produce graphics that are just as nice but hardware conscious. The only way i can play with everything at MAX settings including soft shadows (which if i take it off honestly doesn't improve performance, maybe its on some gfx cards) is if i have the resolution at 800x600 which is stupid! I REFUSE! oh well, HL2 dynamic lighting is nice and absolutely cool.

6. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Woah, sorry I missed this, you must have posted without me noticing. If I were you I'd wait till we get some real meaty cards out here. As in the X900 series perhaps? Though that may take awhile so alternativly you could get a 7800GT, you may very well be able to unlock some extra pipes with riva tuner but either way it's a very nice card. I'm sure FEAR just has some poor coding problems as it runs perfectly on my friends computer with the 6800GT but 1.9GHz P4 on max settings so I think it's just a little buggy right now. Kind of like how GTA: SA ran poorly on your hardware Will. I wouldn't upgrade to PCIe only to get a compairable card. If you're upgrading generally go for the best you can afford.

7. Willz

ok, thanks for that, really helped me :)