HTML - Background Refreshes?

Discussion in 'Web Design & Programming' started by m60dude5, Jul 30, 2008.

1. m60dude5

m60dude5 Geek Trainee

Hi guys,
    I have a simple asp.net page with some html. I set the background for the whole site using css in the body tag. The problem is, everytime I reload the page, the background reloads causing a flashing effect. How can I stop that, and only load the background once. Thanks

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

Can you link to a example? if the image is very large it will happen but only once (first page load).

3. m60dude5

m60dude5 Geek Trainee

Thanks for the reply. I can't really give you an example, since it is only happening on the Intranet I'm developing on the network.
    I know what you mean, that it should only flash once when loading, but the bg image appears to reload on each page refresh causing a really annoying flash. I want it to load once, and then stay still as the pages load on top???

4. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

if you attach the file I can have a look to see if anythings wrong.

have you tried to view the page in different browsers to see if the same thing happens?

5. m60dude5

m60dude5 Geek Trainee

Thanks for the reply. I tested this site in Firefox and Safari, and neither one flashed like Internet Explorer. That's kind of odd since ASP.NET is microsoft's language, but anyway.
    Since then, I have deleted the background and resaved it, and the problem no longer occurs. I'm not sure what it was, but...
    Thanks for your help, I guess I'll say this is solved since it works fine now.

[SOLVED]