HTTP,HTTPS, and FTP Error

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by animelvr89, Dec 29, 2008.

1. animelvr89

animelvr89 Geek Trainee

Ok I have an HP DV1000 laptop computer that is about 4 or 5 years old. Earlier, while i was surfing the web, i restarted it since it started running very slowly. But when the computer booted back up, I was connected to my wireless but it would not let me on the internet:confused:. I ran Windows XP Network Diagnostics but I got this message:

Windows cannot connect to the Internet using HTTP, HTTPS, or FTP. This is prob caused by firewall settings.
    Check the firewall settings for the HTTP port (80), HTTPS port (443) and FTP port (21)

Does anyone know how to fix this problem without connecting to the internet and doing online scans? :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

Do you have a firewall enabled that could have started to block all connections?

Have you checked the router to make sure its actualy connected to the internet?

3. Ambuj

Ambuj Geek Trainee

Hi,

I have a similar problem. Windows cannot connect to the Internet using HTTP, HTTPS, or FTP. This is prob caused by firewall settings.
    Check the firewall settings for the HTTP port (80), HTTPS port (443) and FTP port (21)

Does anyone know how to fix this problem without connecting to the internet and doing online scans?

Please help.

Regards,
    Ambuj