Laser Printers

Discussion in 'Printers, Scanners and Digital Cameras' started by ExquisiteCutie, Nov 28, 2005.

1. ExquisiteCutie

ExquisiteCutie Geek Trainee

Hi,

What are the things I need to know before I buy a laser printer?

Thanks

2. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Aside from compatabiliy with your OS which is usually not an issue I just look for a high ppm count (pages per minute), assuming you're looking for a color laser I'd say you'd want at least 8ppm, and 16+ for black/white prints. Check a few reviews but if you need somewhere to start my suggestion for a black and white laser would be the HP laserJet 1022, I use it almost every day and it prints sooo much faster than ink jet, saves you oodles on ink each year and takes up very liitle space.

3. ExquisiteCutie

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Wow, that's a great, deal, I'd say buy that one, the specs are very good, ppm count is great, and the scanning resolution is well beyond most anyones needs. For a jack off all trades printed by a respected company like Samsung you can't go wrong for that great a price. Nice find mate.

5. ExquisiteCutie

Nice, thanks for the help

6. syngod

syngod Moderator

It's a really nice system don't think you'll be disappointed. I'm running a SF-565P, but I've sold a few SCX4521F and the people that have bought them have been happy with them.

7. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

No prob man, really hope you like it:)