LCD,won't turn on.

Discussion in 'Mobile Technology' started by M13U1270N, Jun 13, 2006.

1. M13U1270N

M13U1270N Geek Trainee

Hey, well my laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1200 and I installed winows professional on it and then had it for awhile. I needed to clear my hard drive and just reformat it so I used the windows xp cd it came with and reformatted with. Then when I start it it asks me if I want to start windows xp or windows xp. Only one of them work and the other one jsut restarts it. It did the same thing when I had professional but with the top one saying professional. So now it works fine it's just that when I close the top, then open it, it won't turn the monitor back on. It didn'twhen I had professional on it too. Then when I go into properties and then power management it says when I close the lid.. Then what to do, then select the only option, which is,"do nothing." So it still doesn't work. Is there anything I have to do?

I have a customaized computer at home I just use my lap top for portable use and it's notfor gaming or anything of that sort. Thanks! -Tom

2. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

I am not able to understand your probelm. What actually happned to your Laptop and whats wrong with the LCD?

3. M13U1270N

M13U1270N Geek Trainee

I reinstalled windows and now when I close my lid and open it it won't turn back on.

4. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

1. Check your power settings.(Right Click Desktop > Properties > Screen Saver > Power)
    2. Touch your mouse pad when you open the lid again.
    3. Check that pin, if there is anything which is stoping that pin to come back in position again.

5. M13U1270N

M13U1270N Geek Trainee

Yeah I checked the power settings and I think it could be a pin cause it worked today but hasn't been. I don't know why it wasn't though. I'll come back if it stops working. Thanks!