no sound with my on board sound card (abit av8 mobo)

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by Nydi, Oct 8, 2005.

1. Nydi

Nydi Geek Trainee

ok, this have been a huge problem for me in the last 24hours.
    Ive just bought this mobo (abit av8) and I was using it for like one week. The thing is i didnt have the time to check if everything was workin till yesterday. I plugued my stereo to my pc (as I used to do with my ex-mobo) and nothin worked. I checked all the connectors to see if they were in their places and nothin was wrong. I tried to put the volume (both stereo and pc) at its highets and i could listen the song that was playin very low and with a lot of interference. i decided to reinstall the driver and for my surprise it worked. I was happy till today's morning when I turned on my puter and no sound again. But today i couldnt listen anymore to the song playin low, there was no sound at all.
    This is what I have tried so far: Bios update, formatted my hd, reinstalled windows xp, reinstalled driver, updated driver, tried the front painel audio (didnt work cause i cant figure how to place all those connectors), checked everytin and the audio config at control painel, checked my sound effects controller...and...nothing worked.
    Im really afraid that the problem is not just software, but its hardware.
    so if any of u could help me id really appreciate it.

sound card on-board configs:
    version of audio driver: 5.10.0.5930
    DirectX version: 9.0c
    Audio controler: VIA (3059)
    Audio Codec: ALC658

p.s: sorry for my english, but im brazillian.

2. Addis

Addis The King

Sorry but looks like the onboard sound is dead. Someone else may be able to help.

You could try using a PCI soundcard instead of the onboard as that should work. A cheap soundcard should do.

3. StimpE

StimpE lol, Internet!

I'd have to agree...sounds like the onboard sound is pooched.